Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi Everybody!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
I just signed up for this BBS, thought I would introduce myself, as well as my car to all of the nice folks here. My name is Chris Killam, I am 23 and I have owned my 914 since I was 9. My mom left it to me when she passed away, so it really is more than a car to me! From 9 through 18 when I could actually drive the girl, I would wash it, and armor all it once a week! Then after sitting forever I, with my dads help, yanked the engine, valve job, distributor work, plugs and electronic ignition, fired right up (after about 200 cranks and 2 days of cursing hehe).Here she is a 1973 Porsche 914 1.7L The paint is from a 1981 911 it is called Slate Blue Metallic. She just underwent a full restoration, next it is new engine time but that will take a while, so for now I am content to just drive her on Sunny Sundays. I reside in beautiful Santa Cruz, CA and the 914 gets the garage while my daily driver, a 1998 Lexus GS400 sits outside in the elements. Everyone always says that I am crazy for that, I tell them to go get a 914 and tell me I am crazY! wacko.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif wacko.gif biggrin.gif Well maybe a little crazy!
Bleyseng
Nice car! What are the plans for the new engine?? 2.0L? Big four? Six? clap56.gif
Geoff driving.gif
madd_dogg_914
sumthin between a 2.0L 6 and a 3.6 L 6 hehe. All depends on funds available, and just how crazy I wanna be!

-Chris
Mark Henry
Welcome to the club, bub!!

Nice ride! aktion035.gif

Hate to nag you right away, but we have to bust the newbie's balls, go back and fill in your location on your info. The guys like to see it and you just told us your from Santa Cruz, so no secret.
beerchug.gif
madd_dogg_914
Hey, I already did fill in all that stuff! I saw Brads post so there! tongue.gif

See . . . just a little crazy!
Jeroen
Hey,

Welcome aboard!
Very nice looking car, and even a better story behind it!
A very good reason to cherish it...

cheers,

Jeroen
Mark Henry
QUOTE(madd_dogg_914 @ Mar 30 2003, 07:29 AM)
See . . . just a little crazy!

GOOD!!!

You'll fit right in! Mahahahaha! wacko.gif

Were all a little fuckin' crazy here, look at the coin some of us spend on our addiction, we must be nuts!
Aaron Cox
ver nice car! was your mother the original owner? way cool- welcome aboard cool.gif i like the 5 lug conversion and the rockerpanels. WAY COOL driving.gif
madd_dogg_914
Yes, she was the original owner. My grandfather owned a Porsche Audi Volkswagen dealership during the 70's. When my mom graduated from College she was allowed to pick anything she wanted off of his lot, and she came home with the beauty you see. She was the first of his 3 kids to graduate (hence the license plate: GRAD 1) There were at some time also GRAD 2 and GRAD 3, but my Aunt and Uncle were more careless and those cars are no longer with us. In the early 80's my mom raced the car for fun at Laguna Seca, she hit a nasty turn, the wheel caught and she rolled the car 2.5 times. She spend in the neigborhood of A LOT OF $$$ to fix the car up after that, WAY more than it was worth at the time, so that is even another compelling reason for me to keep the car and fix it up! That is when it was painted the new color, and I liked it and wanted to keep it how she liked it, so here it is.
Aaron Cox
this car you have has quite a story behind it! hold onto it! are you that unhappy with the flat four engine? the car holds more sentimental (sp?) value to you than a 6 cyl streetracer would. that is my opinion-
do you have anypictures of the car after it rolled?
madd_dogg_914
My mom always wanted a 6 in it. I am carrying out her wishes PLUS it will be more fun. Pictures of the car after the roll I will have to really dig for them, and they will be pictures of pictures, but I will look this upcoming weekend.

-Chris
seanery
Chris!

Welcome to the coolest efin' 914 club around.
I saw pics of your car and the story on the PP bbs.

Great story, I'm sure your mom would be proud. mueba.gif
Brad Roberts
Chris,

welcome aboard. I love the look of the fully polished 16x6 on that car. I see the Bodystyle license plate frame. This means your mom took the car to the "most expensive" body shop in all of NorCal for the repairs. Cecil Beach (owner guy) wont touch cars for under 8-10k. Your story is awesome.

B
madd_dogg_914
Thanks Brad, and everyone else for your kind words. It is cool to have a neat story to tell people about a really neat car. You are definitely right about the Bodystyle plate too, that is where she had the work done, I think it was easily 8-10K, prolly more. Brad, I am gonna have you do the 6 in it. I had talked to you about it before, but that was a while ago. What is your e-mail so I can discuss it with you.

-Chris
Brad Roberts
My email address is:

Brad@all914.com or

Brad@ssimotorsports.com

I knew who you where when I saw pics of the car. The car deserves a six.

B
VegasRacer
Just thought I would drop a line to the other new kid on the block.
Better than staying in my own thread jerking-off to reach the magic 10 post.

WELCOME

See you all around the school yard when I actually have something to say.

HAPPY MOTORING!

madd_dogg_914
Welcome to you too Vegas Racer! It looks like you met your 10 post quota, congrats. I hae one more post to go before I am there!

-Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.