Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Set of Pedrini Wheels - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
KG1500S
For Sale, set of four Pedrini wheels off my '75. Very nice condition, see photo's attached. Will include a fifth Pedrini that is nice and shiny like these, but the outer rim around the bead had been repaired in the past, with the repair cosmetically visible. Its great for spare tire use though.

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that fifth wheel, but will try and arrange to get one to those interested. Its still lurking in the trunk of my car, which is at my mechanics shop a bit of hike from my home (getting a 6 transplanted smile.gif ).

Questions, or for additional pictures etc. please contact me at: icuthbertson (at) shaw (dot) ca

<edit: Price reduced, $350 plus frt>

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
orange914
maybe i'm wrong, but it appears that 2 are 70-72, and 2 are 73-76. the end of the (8) ribs curl at the rim on the right 2 (early?). they look very nice and have the caps, but if they are early and late mix the buyer could have issues mounting (depending)

mike
KG1500S
QUOTE(orange914 @ Mar 7 2009, 05:48 PM) *

maybe i'm wrong, but it appears that 2 are 70-72, and 2 are 73-76. the end of the (8) ribs curl at the rim on the right 2 (early?). they look very nice and have the caps, but if they are early and late mix the buyer could have issues mounting (depending)

mike

Interesting. I honestly didn't know there were different types. What I can say is that these wheels until recently were mounted on my '75 914, so wouldn't be an issue mounting them on a late car again.
KG1500S
I had never noticed they were different, go figure. Anyways, added individual pictures of each wheel.

These are the same wheels as mounted on the 75 914 in my avatar. Quick question for the knowledgable: Knowing they fit on a 75, what other years would they fit? Thanks for the help!!!

<edit: Have numbered the wheels to match the backside pictures posted below>

Wheel #1 (late?)
Click to view attachment
Wheel #2 (early?)
Click to view attachment
Wheel #3 (late?)
Click to view attachment
Wheel #4 (early?)
Click to view attachment
orange914
i believe the early will fit all years because thet have a bigger (non centering) center section that goes around the hub. but older (machined to fit 73 up) won't mount on the pre-73's... maybe someone will confirm this...

btw the finish on the set looks really nice, were they prepped with something?
KG1500S
QUOTE(orange914 @ Mar 7 2009, 06:54 PM) *

i believe the early will fit all years because thet have a bigger (non centering) center section that goes around the hub. but older (machined to fit 73 up) won't mount on the pre-73's... maybe someone will confirm this...

btw the finish on the set looks really nice, were they prepped with something?

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. The finish on them is really nice. Can't tell you much about the history as I bought the car with the wheels on it.
echocanyons
I believe the early pedrinis >72 will not fit the later 73> hubcentric front hubs.

If you take a picture of the backside you should see the difference.

this thread has a picture of the different types
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=pedrinis
orange914
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 11:30 AM) *

I believe the early pedrinis >72 will not fit the later >73 hubcentric front hubs.

this thread has a picture of the different types
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=pedrinis

o.k., now i'm dusting of the cobwebs in my memory... the pre73's won't fit the post 73 front hubs, so yours must've been hogged out previously. these rims will cover all the years if you have them on your 75 and it has the proper year hubs (later/post 73).

mike
KG1500S
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 12:30 PM) *

I appreciate all the help here!

OK, so I edited my earlier post with the individual pictures, giving each wheel an ID#. So using the same numbers, here's the backside pictures... Looks like all have been previously machined to fit my '75. So that means they will fit any 914?

Wheel #1 (late?)
Click to view attachment

Wheel #2 (early, machined?)
Click to view attachment

Wheel #3 (late?)
Click to view attachment

Wheel #4 (early, machined?)
Click to view attachment

echocanyons
it may be that the early wheels were always on the rear of your car.

From your pictures I would question whether the early wheels were machined.

I would try and mount the early wheels on the front of your 914, if they don't fit, then there is your answer.

The rear of the 914 throughout all years is lug-centric and was never hub-centric, meaning that early wheels will fit the back of any year 914.

The only real disadvantage to this is that you cannot rotate the tires front to back.
KG1500S
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 01:14 PM) *

I would try and mount the early wheels on the front of your 914, if they don't fit, then there is your answer.

The rear of the 914 throughout all years is lug-centric and was never hub-centric, meaning that early wheels will fit the back of any year 914.

The only real disadvantage to this is that you cannot rotate the tires front to back.

Since buying the car, I had all the wheels off to get new tires mounted. And don't recall any issues with certain wheels only fitting on the front (or vice versa). I had no idea there was a difference in the wheels, so randomly mounting them back on the car and coincidently having them match the right placements seems just too lucky. I'm sure it would have come up if there would have been a problem mounting them to a particular rotor.

Unfortunately, I can't go back and check the fitment front and rear now as I've already swapped the suspension out and these wheels now have one too few bolt holes to fit my car.

So regardless, looks like I've got two early, and two late Pedrini's for sale. From what I understand from this discussion, if the early's have been machined, the set will fit on any year of 914.

If we assume the early's have not been machined, then we can say that:

Pre-73 owners could definitely mount this set on their car, early's on the front, lates on the rear.

Post-73 owners could definitely mount this set on their car, lates on the front, early's on the rear.

If someone could confirm this, I'd appreciate it!!!

BTW, I'm modifying my price with all this to $US400 OBO for the mixed set (including the spare), buyer pays freight. May also consider selling them as pairs.
orange914
QUOTE(KG1500S @ Mar 8 2009, 12:47 PM) *

QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 01:14 PM) *

Pre-73 owners could definitely mount this set on their car, early's on the front, lates on the rear.

Post-73 owners could definitely mount this set on their car, lates on the front, early's on the rear.

If someone could confirm this, I'd appreciate it!!!

BTW, I'm modifying my price with all this to $US400 OBO for the mixed set (including the spare), buyer pays freight. May also consider selling them as pairs.

73 & later had a larger machined surface on the hub to center the rim ("hubcentric") so the centering hole on the 73 & up was machined to fit the larger front hub.

any year pedrini will fit any corner on a pre 73 914

any year pedrini will fit rear only of a 73 up 914

73 up pedrini will ONLY fit 73 up 914 front

driving.gif
echocanyons

73 & later had a larger machined surface on the hub to center the rim ("hubcentric") so the centering hole on the 73 & up was machined to fit the larger front hub.

I respectfully disagree.

I really do wish you were correct, then the early pedrinis in my garage wold fit my 75 but they do not.

You have it backwards, the early pedrinis will only fit the early (70-72) front non-hubcentric hubs. Since the rears are lugcentric the early pedrinis will fit all years on the rear.

The late pedrinis are hub-centric and fit all years on the front and rear.

The issue is not he hubcentric pattern but the tapered bore of the early wheels, they do not fit over the hubcentric rotors on the late cars. The taper narrows down too much to fit over the hubcentric ring.
KG1500S
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 08:38 PM) *

I respectfully disagree.

I really do wish you were correct, then the early pedrinis in my garage wold fit my 75 but they do not.

You have it backwards, the early pedrinis will only fit the early (70-72) front non-hubcentric hubs. Since the rears are lugcentric the early pedrinis will fit all years on the rear.

The issue is not he hubcentric pattern but the tapered bore of the early wheels, they do not fit over the hubcentric rotors on the late cars. The taper narrows down too much to fit over the hubcentric ring.

Have edited my original post to reflect a lower asking price, $350 for the set.

Seems if you have an early car (according to the above), this set will fit.

If you have a late car (according to the above), you can use the late pair on either front/rear. The early pair is a bit less certain, although they certainly fit on my '75, for what that's worth.

Will consider selling the pairs separately, $200 for each pair.
zx-niner
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Mar 8 2009, 08:38 PM) *

I respectfully disagree.

I think you are both saying the same thing-- early Pedrinis will not fit late model fronts wheels.
KG1500S
Sold. Thanks for looking!! I'll try and edit the title to reflect the sale.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.