Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield Washer Hose How-to?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Keoni914
How in the heck does one get the washer hose through the hole in the firewall? <not sure it's called a firewall. Mine is completely out and I want to replace it correctly. I checked the archives but couldn't find anything related to it. confused24.gif

Thanks

Keoni914
914werke
Wow. huh.gif I was just doing the same (similar) thing?
Searching for a diagram of the OE Air pressure washer system
routing and connections confused24.gif
jt914-6
Are you guys dead set on using the air pressure system? You can use a 924 turn signal switch with a 12 volt pump. The switch powers the washer pump when you pull back on the switch handle. Maybe Pelican has a conversion tech tip on it?
Just a thought...........JT
914werke
CW confused24.gif rolleyes.gif
jt914-6
Sorry, I meant to say use the 924 wiper switch. It plugs right into the 914 harness. The power wire for the pump is run seperatly from the switch to the motor.
No more air system or chance of wet floor board if rubber hose in switch splits.....
dyw914
Here's a picture of the hoses entering the front trunk on a 73. Hope it helps.

Click to view attachment
Keoni914
David, nope that's not what I was referring to. I need to thread the hose from the bottle to the spare. That hose goes through a hole at the bottom near the gas tank.

Keoni914
Keoni914
I still can't figure out how to get the washer hose from the bottle threaded into the hole near the gas tank then into the spare tire area. I tried one of those claw type grabbers and inserted it into the hole but when I pushed it through I could not see it when looking down near the bottle and gas tank. sawzall-smiley.gif

Anybody have more suggestions???

Keoni914
Keoni914
Got it! Number one son is home from college and used his expensive college education and threaded the hose through the hole. He used a straight rod and taped the hose end to it and pushed it through. We had to remove the bottle but other than that it was a piece of cake. beerchug.gif

Keoni914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.