Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: on a personal note
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
My father died Saturday at just after 12:00 pm with his family around him. My father was 82. My family has been taking care of him for the last 18 months, staying with mom overnight in shifts. He had lung cancer, prostate cancer and dementia.
We all have to face the passing of our parents, its just a part of life they say.
I needed to share this with you folks.
heavydriver
Your family will be in our prayers.
messix
so sorry sad.gif
ConeDodger
I am very sorry... sad.gif
VaccaRabite
I am very sorry for your loss. sad.gif
jc914
Sorry for your lose sad.gif
Wardsweb
It is a part of life but no less painful for it. My father died 20 years ago, at the age of 54. I felt cheated for years. I miss him to this day. My prayers are with you and yours in this time.
Mr.242
So sorry for your loss....

When things settle down; I recommend a movie called: BIG FISH. to frame his life.

A simple prayer is going out to you and your family.
MDG
sincere condolences to you and your family
championgt1
sad.gif Sorry for your loss. Hang in there. Cherish the memories that you have of him.
Michael N
Thoughts and prayer for you and your family.
burton73
I am so sorry for you loss. I miss my dad so much. I used to speak to him ever day. When we lost him at 67 there was a huge hole. After some time the feeling of loss and missing him turned to a feeling of missing him and a good feeling knowing that he loved me so much. I want to cry right now.

It must have been hard for the last 18 months. We run out of people that have unconditional love for us, the way we do for our kids.

My thoughts are with you,

Bob
Heeltoe914
Sorry to here take a drive a long one in your nice car. Stop off have some lunch and remember the good time.
Gint
My sincere condolences.
TJB/914
My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Tom
Joe Bob
My Gramz died after a long bout of dementia, outburts of violent actions against family and caregivers. While we loved her in her good and bad days, it was sad but a relief when she finally passed. We celebrated her good days.

I hope for you and your family a good day. Life continues. Hug yer kids.....
Krieger
It sounds like your father was a big part of your life. Consider yourself fortunate not everyone has that. My prayers for you and your family. Dementia can be difficult for families to manage, not to mention the cancer.
r_towle
My condolences...at least he is at peace now.

r
MrKona
My condolences to you and your family. Hang in there...
justme
I pray that God comorts you and your family.

Phil
mojorisen914
I am truly sorry to hear about your loss. Your thoughts are in my prayers.
krazykonrad
Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
KaptKaos
You're in our thoughts and prayers.
JRust
Sorry for your loss! I lost my dad a few years ago. We hadn't had contact since I was a dopted as a child. Still affected me more than I can say. My prayers are with you & your family
EdwardBlume
Our thoughts and prayers and with you and your family.
RJMII
Sincere condolences for your loss.
Lou W
I'm real sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, my dad passed away in 1998 at the age of 77 of cancer too. It's tough to loose a loved one, but he's in a much better place. Remember the good times. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Sorry to hear about your loss. My families thoughts and prayers are with you.
Mrs. K
I so sorry to hear this, but at least he isn't suffering anymore.

My condolences to you and your family.

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
watsonrx13
I am very sorry for your loss... sad.gif You and your family will be in our prayers...

-- Rob
zymurgist
I'm sorry to hear this. sad.gif I lost my Dad to cancer in '07.
6freak
May the Lord hold you in his arms in your time of need.God bless your father and may he rest in piece
Bruce Hinds
Soooo sorry to hear this about your dad. I can empathize with you. My dad and I worked on cars together. I've got his favorite hat on my drill press, so I still talk to him in the shop....

Your dad will still live in your heart too. Hang in there.

B
PanelBilly
So when you have some time, write down some of the things you and your Dad would do togeather. Tell the story of an activity you did togeather. Include as much detail as you can remember. Don't worry about spelling or grammer. Doesn't even matter if its never read, but writting it out will help you relive the event. I think that's one of the best ways to honor his memory, to be there with him again.

And if you can leave it for your children to read sometime, they will be able to live the event too. If its difficult for you to write it out in one sitting, make notes and assemble it over a period of time.

There's a reason we write and that is that words are our most lasting expression of our lives. Look at this whole cyber world. We could talk over the internet, yet we write.
dw914er
sorry for the loss sad.gif

my condolences
PRS914-6
It's never easy and I'm truly sorry. I lost my Mom and Dad when they were in their early 50's. I've always felt cheated about that. My Dad never got to meet my wife and see the grand kids grow up. In a way you are lucky you had him so long but unfortunate you had to see him go out that way.

Sometimes it seems you trade long life for the pain of watching them go. I don't have an answer but can only tell you I understand your loss. It never really goes away I'm sure he loved you and it's best to dwell on the happy times you had.

My thoughts are with you.

BMXerror
sad.gif Good vibes headed your way, for you and your family. Sorry about your loss. He's not in pain anymore.
Mark D.
charliew
I am very sorry for your loss. Your Dad went ahead of you to make a good place for you. When I was young my Dad never went anywhere without me except to work. As I got to be a teenager we disagreed on things but he still helped me on my cars. He would give up everything for his family. I never wanted to see him die. Once he became ill it was for a long time. He was in a sleep for at least a year when we would go to see him. I sat with my mom for a week with him and when he finally gave up I knew it was the best. He was a way better man than me and much stronger in many ways. My Dad was 90 when he passed but he was in a resthome for 9 years with alzheimers. I sometimes think he lingered on that last year because we didn't want him to go but finally realized he could go to a much better place.
My family prays for your family. Remember the good times.
oldschool
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Mar 8 2009, 06:06 PM) *

My father died Saturday at just after 12:00 pm with his family around him. My father was 82. My family has been taking care of him for the last 18 months, staying with mom overnight in shifts. He had lung cancer, prostate cancer and dementia.
We all have to face the passing of our parents, its just a part of life they say.
I needed to share this with you folks.

My the lord bless and comfort you and your Family,
To be absent from the body is to be at home with the lord. 2.Cor 5:8

You will see him some day my Brother. Keep the faith.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.