Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for aftermarket fiberglass bumper pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
romansokol
does anyone know where i can buy: aftermarket fiberglass bumper pads

the rubber ones are 1000$

i found some for 360$

but im sure someone might know of some cheeper.

thank you for your help

roman

Looking for aftermarket fiberglass bumper pads
dlee6204
The only ones I know of are these...

http://www.carlrudolph.com/index.html

$360 for both is about the cheapest I have seen.

rjames
Some for much cheaper here ($189 for either front or back)

Carl Rudolph Company

Still waiting to hear how they fit from someone who has purchased them.
If you buy one, please let us know!
6freak
Man those look good ...kinda wish i had some
rjames
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 9 2009, 11:35 AM) *

Man those look good ...kinda wish i had some

Hopefully that place will still be in business when I get around to swapping my late bumpers for the early ones I have sitting on a shelf collecting dust.
Maybe then I'll have the extra $ to buy 'em, too. dry.gif
maf914
QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 9 2009, 12:11 PM) *

Hopefully that place will still be in business when I get around to swapping my late bumpers for the early ones I have sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

I have the same concern that these FG bumper pads may not be around forever. I am planning on ordering a set for future use. The price of OEM rubber pads is outrageous! wacko.gif
6freak
QUOTE(maf914 @ Mar 9 2009, 01:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rjames @ Mar 9 2009, 12:11 PM) *

I have the same concern that these FG bumper pads may not be around forever. I am planning on ordering a set for future use. The price of OEM rubber pads is outrageous! wacko.gif

Just bought the one for the back ....Next time i get F*#@ed sure would be nice to get a kiss first
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 9 2009, 12:36 PM) *
Just bought the one for the back ....Next time i get F*#@ed sure would be nice to get a kiss first

You can't make a statement like that and not expand on what happened dry.gif So what is the issue? I'm thinking of ordering front + rear but if they are crap I'd like to know. Thanks
McMark
agree.gif details... unsure.gif confused24.gif
Richard Casto
I have the front and rear. I bought them because I was afraid they would go away prior to me being ready to buy. I am no where close to putting them on the car (car still on rotisserie), but this past weekend, I temporarily mounted them onto my bumpers and took some photos.

I will say that so far I am impressed. My only other FG product I have is the Getty GT rockers and the fit and finish of the bumper pads are much better than the Getty product IMHO. The look to be well built and fit pretty well. They were also well packed. Are they 100% perfect? I would say no. But I would also say that so far I would not hesitate to buy them again and I think they probably will end up looking better than the factory rubber pad once painted.

I will try to post photos when I get home tonight.
6freak
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Mar 9 2009, 02:15 PM) *

You can't make a statement like that and not expand on what happened dry.gif So what is the issue? I'm thinking of ordering front + rear but if they are crap I'd like to know. Thanks

The pad itself is perfect and fits good ..OEM part from AA.Its just alot of duckeys for the piece .Thats what i ment when i said I got a F*&#`n...Think if it dont snow tonite Jeff will take some pix of it ....check out Teener tuesday thread on wednesday .........
Richard Casto
QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 10 2009, 09:28 AM) *

The pad itself is perfect and fits good ..OEM part from AA.Its just alot of duckeys for the piece .Thats what i ment when i said I got a F*&#`n...Think if it dont snow tonite Jeff will take some pix of it ....check out Teener tuesday thread on wednesday .........

Are you talking about the OEM rubber pad ($$$$) or the FG Carl Rudolph pad (less $$)? I am confused as this thread is about the FG pad and it sound like your comment is about the cost of OEM pad?
6freak
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 10 2009, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Mar 10 2009, 09:28 AM) *

Are you talking about the OEM rubber pad ($$$$) or the FG Carl Rudolph pad (less $$)? I am confused as this thread is about the FG pad and it sound like your comment is about the cost of OEM pad?

Yes its about the cost of the OEM pad ..I was just stating i kinda wish i went with the FG but i already spent he money on the real deal...I didnt mean for it to go off topick ......So back on track smile.gif
maf914
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 10 2009, 04:52 AM) *

I have the front and rear. I bought them because I was afraid they would go away prior to me being ready to buy. I am no where close to putting them on the car (car still on rotisserie), but this past weekend, I temporarily mounted them onto my bumpers and took some photos.

I will say that so far I am impressed. My only other FG product I have is the Getty GT rockers and the fit and finish of the bumper pads are much better than the Getty product IMHO. The look to be well built and fit pretty well. They were also well packed. Are they 100% perfect? I would say no. But I would also say that so far I would not hesitate to buy them again and I think they probably will end up looking better than the factory rubber pad once painted.

Richard,

Thanks for posting your opinion regarding the quality of the FG bumper pads. That eases my concern a bit about the $360 purchase.

Do you intend to paint them black or body color when you finally mount them?
schreiber
or check out this thread

it has good pictures:
Click to view attachment
Richard Casto
QUOTE(maf914 @ Mar 10 2009, 01:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Mar 10 2009, 04:52 AM) *

Richard,

Thanks for posting your opinion regarding the quality of the FG bumper pads. That eases my concern a bit about the $360 purchase.

Do you intend to paint them black or body color when you finally mount them?

I think they would look great either way. But I am going to have body colored bumpers so I am planning on painting the pads body color as well. (Irish Green)

Richard
biosurfer1
What about painting the FG ones matte black? Could give a somewhat stock apperance.
Richard Casto
Here is some photos of my front/rear set from Carl Rudolph. I mostly just did this as a test fit out of curiosity. I am nowhere close to being ready to install these. For those curious, I am going to paint the bumpers and tops body color (Irish Green)...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bembry
Man-those look great! Any fit problems?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.