what a good brand
any tips

thank you
roman
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(romansokol @ Mar 8 2009, 08:42 PM) *

anyone have an hid kit on their car
what a good brand

These guys have supplied parts for my 911, an Outback (soon to be another one) and my Titan. There are cheaper kits and suppliers out there, but there's junk too. These guys are excellent.

A good BiXenon setup will not be cheap - but it will be worth it. I've had kits with halogen highbeams - the McCulloch kits UBL has put them to shame. Note that you'll be needing to start with an H4 headlight setup....

UltraBrightLights. Silly name - excellent parts and support.
JmuRiz
Remember an HID kit is only good if you get new reflectors too...HID bulbs in old reflectors work no better.
jonferns
I've heard good things about the kits from Direct Connection Tuning
Chris Hamilton
Am I wrong in thinking that there is no legal way to install HID headlights in a 914?
RJMII
IPB Image

The unit on the left (the passenger side) takes an H4 bulb. The one on the right is a sealed beam original style unit.

To convert to HID I would need to pull my Xenon bulb (H4 size unit) and replace it with an H4 Bi-Xenon HID version with the balast. all of it perfectly legal as long as I stay with in the limits of wattage/brightness etc and not blind oncoming traffic.
RJMII
yikes:
from the website link above:

Are these XENON HID light systems street legal?

Every country and jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations governing the use of automotive lighting. XENON H.I.D. lighting systems that are supplied with the vehicles from the factory are DOT / E approved. Our kits are also made by the same OEM manufacturers that supply all the major car companies of the world. NO XENON H.I.D. lighting system available from any source is DOT / E approved if installed outside of the factory. These kits are not street legal for use on public roads as they are. As a result, we officially endorse the kit for exhibition and off-road use and will only sell the kit to be used for these purposes. We are not responsible for customers who violate the terms of sale in which they will assume all responsibilities for any unauthorized or unintended use other than exhibition or off-road use.
Eric_Shea
Like the now famous 911R... Jim carries an extra suspension around with him wherever he goes.
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Like the now famous 911R... Jim carries an extra suspension around with him wherever he goes.

That's part of my sales approach for your referral program.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.