Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB front bumper pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
SuperDave
Have priced new ones and thought I'd see if anyone out there has one for my 72. This is the single black piece above the chrome bumper, not the bumperettes. No cuts or dimples, please. I already have one like that blink.gif Thx!
pilothyer
You may want to consider this as an option

Here
914rrr
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Mar 9 2009, 07:40 PM) *

Here

Those look very nice! beerchug.gif
SuperDave
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Mar 9 2009, 05:40 PM) *

Here

Fiberglass...interesting...have you used it or know anyone who has?
Richard Casto
QUOTE(SuperDave @ Mar 9 2009, 10:31 PM) *

QUOTE(pilothyer @ Mar 9 2009, 05:40 PM) *

Here

Fiberglass...interesting...have you used it or know anyone who has?

See this thread...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=93452&hl=
SuperDave
Just ordered the front pad for $189 plus freight from Carl Rudolph Company. Thanks for turning me on to this cheaper and (hopefully) more durable alternative.
rjames
QUOTE(SuperDave @ Mar 11 2009, 08:17 PM) *

Just ordered the front pad for $189 plus freight from Carl Rudolph Company. Thanks for turning me on to this cheaper and (hopefully) more durable alternative.

Please post on how the install goes and how well it fits out of the box. smile.gif

lynch
I got one.

It sure looked good coming out of the box.

It never fit. The curve did not follow the '72 bumper. It did not follow the curve of the hood. The holes did not line up close enough not to have "bunching". (My car had never been hit.)

After too much work, I threw it away. (It got to the point I cut slits to get rid of the bunching, then had to remove the mounting lugs because they missed the holes, then cut it in two to take a piece out of tme middle because it was too long for the bumper.)

His unit for the back bumper was much closer, but I had to enlarge the mounting holes in the rear bumper to make it fit.

I hope you have better luck.

I do not know if it was to fit a different year. It did not fit my '72.

Personally, I would not try it twice.

I would suggest have a return arrangement in place before taking delivery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.