Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxter Coupe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
I saw some pics of a proposed Boxter coupe. I haven't seen this web sight before. www2.autospies.com. I guess a coupe is no big surprise. It seems like a logical step. This might be old news to some but it's the first I have seen it.
Cheers, Elliot
Britain Smith
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Jeroen
They sure managed to f#ck up the pretty rear end of the Boxster

cheers,

Jeroen
pjhaun
It seems that they have done this before. Like switching from the 914 to the 924 hatch back.
iiibdsiil
Looks like a damn 911 to me.

- Brett Smith
thesey914
I like it....better than the Audi TT.
Rouser
I'm shopping for a Boxster S, but I'd throw a bolt-on hardtop on it verses buying what looks like a 911 hand-me-down rebody.

Pretty soon, the 911 isn't even going to look like THAT anymore.
Andyrew
Seriously looks like a 911 front and mid grafted on a boxter rear end..

barf.gif

Anyone know the powerplant??

Andrew
aufaber
I've also seen a ton of shots of it looking like this:
IPB Image
IPB ImageThat's hot
DuckRyder
I like this LOTS better:

IPB Image

iiibdsiil
QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Feb 24 2004, 08:29 PM)
I like this LOTS better:

(picture above)

Have you ever drove a TT? The visibility sucks, not to mention you hit your head everytime you get out. The side windows are like 9 inches.

Not to knock them, they are cool cars. But I think some things could have been designed better and that would keep me from purchasing one if I was ever in the market.

- Brett Smith
Bruce Allert
911 with ground effects idea.gif
don't get me wrong... it looks good but not in the way a Boxster should. I'd go with the bolt on top too & keep the nice lines & sportscar top-off feeling.

........b
vortrex
I think the boxster looks great, about time they got rid of the girly open top.
jonwatts
Well Porsche has only been trying for 30 years to be more than a one-car company. Maybe they figure they can do it if they make them all look alike.
olav
Where's the engine?
GaroldShaffer
There was a story in one of the recent issues of
excellence of someone/ company that made a
Boxster coupe out of a regular Boxster. It was
a different shade of Blue with a red stripe. It
looked a hell of a lot better than this one IMOP
If my home office was such a dump I woud be able
to find the mag show you guys a pic. I will look for
it, its here somewhere????? wacko.gif

- Garold
Brad Roberts
Garold.. we had a whole thread on it (the blue car.)

I personally think it just had a regular Boxster top on it that was chopped.

B
soloracer
I don't know about you guys but the boxster coupe looks like a MR2 from the 3/4 front view and a VW Beatle from the rear (especially in the rear hatch open picture). I personally don't like it one bit. As for the black car the back end looks tacked on. Give me a 993 twinner any day over that car.
JeffBowlsby
No matter how hard they try, they have never been able to do better than the 914...The best sportscar Porsche has ever made if you ask me. All the other design attempts since the 914 have just been distractions from the purity of a raw, inexpensive, no frills, mated-to-the-road driving experience. If they had only maintained the basic concept...

'Course I have never driven any of the other P-car models...but Im really not that interested and don't want to spend that kinda money anyway. Ever noticed how many 911 owners still seem to have the itch for a 914...that is an inspiration... wink.gif
EdwardBlume
Yeah, 914s are the real deal. Its not common to see the 356, 924, 944, 928s, 964s with the same broad level of interest across the board with enthusiast, racer, and home mechanic involvement.

Wish they'd brew some of that magic again.
krk
Had a relatively good P day today -- had to drive up to Palo Alto (where you have to own at least a boxter to live there apparently). The rear end on the boxter is in the top 5 car designs for me. The side view is ok. The front looks like a 911. (or whatever they call the water version) But the back or back 3/4 angle is one of the strongest looking cars for my money.

So today I got to watch several, and two or three twin turbos. Now there's a front end.

kim.
Elliot_Cannon
It's OK with me that it might look like a 911. The 911 should have been a mid engine car from the beginning. Why they insisted on puting two seats in the back is beyond me. I gotta agree about the 914 though. If they would sell a 914 type midengine car with an affordable engine, it would sell like crazy and you wouldn't have to shell out 50 Gs.
Cheers, Elliot
Gint
I think the red one Briatin posted looks great. I never liked the look of the top shape on the Boxster. That roof line looks nice on the car.

No matter though, I can't afford one.
anthony
Those pics are obviously photoshop exercies. So how would you service the engine on such a card?
aufaber
QUOTE(anthony @ Feb 25 2004, 08:35 AM)
Those pics are obviously photoshop exercies. So how would you service the engine on such a card?

Uh, the same way you do on a 360 or pretty much any mid engined car. Acccess hatch on the top and most everything else from under the car. The black one is a mule for sure, but it's a real car.

Lights looks similar to the 997.

IPB Image

997 doing winter testing in sweden.
anthony
Uh, I was talking about the red car. Isn't the black one the new 911?
aufaber
QUOTE(anthony @ Feb 25 2004, 10:40 AM)
Uh, I was talking about the red car. Isn't the black one the new 911?

Supposedly the new 911 is that 997 picture. looks pretty much finished there.
seanery
notice they went back to the round headlamps, reminds me of when Jeep screwed up the same thing and went back a couple years later.
Jeroen
The 997 has a lot of "993 styling"
Still, it looks like a turd on wheels IMO

cheers,

Jeroen
JmuRiz
Yep that's the 997 test mule...looks really nice, give it a hood scoop and it'll look like a newer 993 cool.gif I also like how it has a little bit of hip action to it, more curve the better on a 911.

I thought I heard they were going to separate the boxster and 911 more...if these p-shops etc are any clue they'll look even more alike!
EdwardBlume
Rumor has it that the 997 may get an 8 cylinder motor at some point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.