Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 oem jack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
street legal go-kart
I know this is probably more appropriate for the classified section.

I need a jack, lug wrench and original tool kit. Ive done a local search of junk yards in the Central Valley. Either no one wants to sell or the car is missing said items. Any help much appreciated.

I would like to lose the 40 pound floor jack from my front trunk. driving.gif
Mark Henry
Another Newbie!

Welcome BUT go back to your info and fill out your location! Someone one local may then help you. Hey, I live in a valley!
Bleyseng
Just buy a aftermarket tool kit for a bug as they are the same thing. You can use a 70-79 bus jack for a car jack sourced from a pick and pull.
Geoff
ChrisFoley
I think I have 2 different style OEM jacks somewhere in my garage. One is a lever style, the other is a screw style.
Dave_Darling
The lever is the early one. Sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks!!! The early 911 guys throw them away (unless they're CWs) and use the crank jacks. Which are no picnick either. But they're better than the lever ones.

If you want a jack you can actually use that is lighter than 40 lbs, go to Harbor Freight and pick up one of their aluminum ones.

--DD
ChrisFoley
You're right Dave, but the clamp in the rear trunk won't hold the HF jack in place. laugh.gif
r_towle
I have a 72 with the original jack. It uses two different lever positions, one for up and the other for down.

I actually love it for a quick change etc...

I mainly use it to get my floor jack under the car...I have to jack it up a bit to slide the floor jack under the rockers...

R
Bleyseng
I actually haven't tried one of the early jacks out. Is it like a bug jack?
Geoff
street legal go-kart
you are correct i am a newbie
i have added to my profile and live in the sierra nevada mtns on the southern border of yosemite ntl park
only a 45 mile comute to work comprised of about 35miles of road seemingly designed for my teener hence the sale of the 5.0 mustang
thanks for the welcom
jonathan t
rhodyguy
so, did you find a jack?

kevin
ChrisFoley
Here is what I have Jonathan. If you want it email me your address and donate $20 to the Korijo fund.
ChrisFoley
Jonathan,

I'm replying here because your email to me had the bbs as a return address. Use the paypal link at the top here to donate, or send the check to Brad, as I believe he's handling the donations. I'll get the jack boxed up and ship it to the mailing address you gave me.
ChrisFoley
I shipped it today Jonathan. You should expect it by next Wednesday.
street legal go-kart
ok chris thanks for the help
hey brad where do you want me to send the check?
[us newbies cant figure anything out for ourselves]
i dont know dave but i can understand what he is dealing with , i had a good friend w/ms
it sucks
thx agn
jt
street legal go-kart
opps
chris what do i owe you for shipping.....
thx
jt
Brad Roberts
Um.. this is one post I wasnt following.

Here is the address:

SSI C/O Brad Roberts
20 Pamaron Way
Novato, Ca. 94949

B
street legal go-kart
thx brad
check is on its way
jt
street legal go-kart
p.s.
how do you make that picture bigger?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.