Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm bored...anyone ever do a six conversion ....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Any articles or BTDT stories appreciated....

I have a 2.4 with Webers to play with.....
TimT
There was an article in Excellence a few years ago about a 356/6
Joe Bob
Got a copy?
Dave_Darling
There's also a green one that shows up to some of the Bay Area swap meets/concours events. Bring lots of vaseline--that motor is a way tight fit in the 356 engine bay! I think they had to enlarge the center tunnel to fit the transmission. I am told the 356 trannies ain't up to six-cylinder type torque.

--DD
TimT
Mike I have Porsche mag errr Excellence from Vol 1 Issue 1

I aint gonna leaf through all of them.....

Ill scan the article for ya if someone can find out at least what year it was from LOL

wonder if they have a searchable index for the whole run?
JWest
May 2000 - point of interest, that's the issue that Rich Johnson's 914/6 is in too.

Here are the scans:
JWest
sdfh
JWest
hgkfjk
JWest
dghk
JWest
last one
TimT
LOL James is more ambitious than I
Joe Bob
Thanks
McMark
Very nice reading. Good scan. I read it all without much trouble. Thanks.

Good luck Mike! laugh.gif
swood
That outta keep him quiet for a while...NOT!
EdwardBlume
Man is that 356 hung!!! smash.gif
914ghost
I think I saw that particular car at the 356 North meets South that spring...it was a little much.
I never saw the article, I'll read the scan!
But I think the guy had electric windows operated by the winder mechanisms...just a touch and they went up or down, and some wild stuff I cant even remember.
There are probably better things to spend $70K on...but I'm glad someone did it!
Nuts.. wacko.gif .
Bob O
Sammy
I wonder how long it would take to do a valve adjustment in that car? prolly about 10 minutes longer than an engine pull would take.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(swood @ Feb 24 2004, 08:39 PM)
That outta keep him quiet for a while...NOT!

Nope....
seanery
I remember that article. I had my 63 when that came out. I thought it would be cool to do to it. I love that car.
Joe Bob
Looks like a go....gonna put the 2.4 type IV up for sale...it has a FAT upright fan housing (911 style fan and alternator) now with rebuilt heads and new rings....if anyone is interested..... <_<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.