Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the... wait... what the?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Silver Surfer
huh.gif

craigslist ad

Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
Click to view attachment
Silver Surfer
Click to view attachment
dw914er
scam?
Silver Surfer
Look at the second picture. It's like the pillar/sail/roll bar area drops down or retracts or something. I've seen them shave off before but the pictures look like that one is retractable or something. Is it just me?
smontanaro
This came up on the club site a few days ago. BR said it was an aftermarket thing. The sail/bar actually detach.
championgt1
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Mar 11 2009, 07:48 PM) *

Look at the second picture. It's like the pillar/sail/roll bar area drops down or retracts or something. I've seen them shave off before but the pictures look like that one is retractable or something. Is it just me?

agree.gif Even looks like there is a handle of somesort. blink.gif
Silver Surfer
Sorry for the repost here, I must have missed it on the club site. For just a second there I thought, "I wonder if my car does that and I just haven't figured it out yet?"

RJMII
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Mar 11 2009, 09:33 PM) *

Sorry for the repost here, I must have missed it on the club site. For just a second there I thought, "I wonder if my car does that and I just haven't figured it out yet?"

It does!!!

sawzall-smiley.gif
boxstr
I beleive this car was featured on the cover many years ago on one of the VW & Porsche Mags.
The girls father is a body shop owner and built the car for her when she was @16 years old.
Looks pretty cool for a chop top 914.
CCLINTOPLESS
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 11 2009, 10:10 PM) *

I beleive this car was featured on the cover many years ago on one of the VW & Porsche Mags.
The girls father is a body shop owner and built the car for her when she was @16 years old.
Looks pretty cool for a chop top 914.
CCLINTOPLESS

That was my first thought too... I remember that issue. The sail is cut in half, and folds down.
dlo914
Was was this one of those Beach Boy Racing mods?
boxstr
No it was a custom build.
CCLINTOPLESS
LarryR
WOW from CL add looks very nicely done. Must have taken a bazillion hours.. man and 5 lug conversion and front cooler... seems well worth the asking price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.