Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recalibrating a tach?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
anyone have a good link for recallibrating a tach for a six?
914Sixer
Sent mine to North Hollywood speedometer. Palo Alto is another option.
rick 918-S
Hey Buddy, Search for Marks914. He's done mine for my V8 and he gutted the old cable drive tach for Sandy's 59 Bugeye and installed guts for a digital tach. He reused the stock face and needle. You can't tell anything has been done.
904svo
Why don't you use a 911 tach instead?
mudfoot76
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 12 2009, 09:16 AM) *

Hey Buddy, Search for Marks914.

+1 His gauges are works of art. I have one of his combo gauges in my car.

Here is his URL --> http://www.newvintageusa.com/bigmarkdesign

beerchug.gif
RJMII
I've got Mark's website bookmarked for when I purchase a whole set of gauges that all match. I've had it bookmarked for awhile, I'm still working on the engine setup. =o)

I'm looking for a temporary setup (recalibrating mine) so I can get the engine stuff done; then I'll move to the interior and redo the dash with a fancy set of Mark's work.

There's a madness to my method; but we'll get there. smile.gif

I might have to go off the tach on the laptop monitor for tuning until I get to the interior stage of things.

Unless someone has a link, or I stumble across the right article. I'm still looking.

thanks for the help!

marks914
We have some 911 guts laying around here, I think we can get you fixed up for around $35.00-$45.00 plus shipping.
I am on the road today, but I will look in my gauge pile tonight

Mark
RJMII
QUOTE(marks914 @ Mar 13 2009, 04:19 AM) *

We have some 911 guts laying around here, I think we can get you fixed up for around $35.00-$45.00 plus shipping.
I am on the road today, but I will look in my gauge pile tonight

Mark

Ah, thanks Mark! much appreciated. =o)

I'll post my 4 cyl tachs for sale in the parts section then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.