Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hmm... that seems to work well.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
Since my interior is mostly a race interior I decided I wanted to put the proportioning valve inside the cockpit. I have a T in the back and tossed my OE P-valve a long time ago. Now that my brakes are better balanced I thought I may need the valve. So here is how I did it. What do you think? piratenanner.gif

Oh... I had to make the line out the front of the firewall go a little closer to the rack in order to fit this in. I don't see any issues with that... anyone? confused24.gif
Wilhelm
Prop valve definitely a step up. Only thing different I'd do is solidly mount it so its mass isn't constantly vibrating the brake lines and leading to potential metal fatigue in the lines.
PeeGreen 914
It isn't going anywhere. It is solid and there isn't any rub or vibration to worry about. I took care of that with some split fuel line run along the lines.
Cap'n Krusty
You still need to secure the valve. The lines don't have to vibrate against anything to suffer vibration induced fatigue. The Cap'n
jt914-6
Jon, I think this is how they mean secure. How I did my Tilton. Using C2 front brakes and C2 Turbo rears with a "T" in the rear with no stock prop. valve.Click to view attachment
ssstikircr
agree.gif Do not take any chances ... mount it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.