Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 2 2.7 6 cyl engines 1 core 1 runner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
LarryR
I have the opportunity to pick up a 3.2 so I thought I would gauge interest in my 2.7's. Both are out of 911S cars but only one has the engine number stamped to verify.

I bought the core as a good running engine that just leaked a little oil... to My dismay once I got it on the engine stand to put new gaskets on it I found that it had one head stud that wont tighten DOAH! It is complete less CIS. It has turbo valve covers and 11 blade fan (shoot just the fan could go for ~400 on evilbay). I will let it go for 1K obo.

The other engine is a runner that I just bought for 1700. It is still sitting on the pallet that it came on. Somewhere I have the video of the engine running with smooth idle and revving just fine. The P.O. did a PPI and the compression test and leak down were good. It has carrera tensioners, pop off valve, 11 blade fan, and turbo valve covers. I believe that it has a replacement case since there are no numbers stamped to identify the engine. I would just like to get my 1700 back for this one ... but for sake of selling it before the 3.2 opportunity leaves I would consider offers. Oh and in the last year the CIS had 954 worth of work done to it (per P.O.) but he did not include the receipt with the engine. P.O. was John Wrenquist from Pelican parts board... long term member with > 1K posts ...

Here is the bird board link to the add I bought the runner from (it has links to video of engine running) :
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=456274

If you are a builder or racer and want them both I can make a package deal too. However, 6 cyl engines dont get much cheaper than this. beerchug.gif
RUNNINGWOLF

I would be very interested in the running engine. Did you say it was fuel injected?
My email address is runningwolfokla@yahoo.com, send me your number and a good time to call. Thanks Runningwolf........ driving.gif
LarryR
Runner is sold. core still available
PlaysWithCars
Bummer! Congratulations Runningwolf.

Little disappointed Larry that I didn't get first right of refusal since we started exchanging information 2 days ago. These are the days you wish you had internet access at work instead of having to wait until you get home to find out you've been scooped. Oh well, there will be other motors (I hope). drunk.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(plays with cars @ Mar 13 2009, 08:03 PM) *

Bummer! Congratulations Runningwolf.

Little disappointed Larry that I didn't get first right of refusal since we started exchanging information 2 days ago. These are the days you wish you had internet access at work instead of having to wait until you get home to find out you've been scooped. Oh well, there will be other motors (I hope). drunk.gif

2 days ago confused24.gif I just posted the add last night. I checked my PM's responded to everything in the inbox and Runningwolf is the only person to call me.
PlaysWithCars
Wow! You're right, it was only last night you posted. Original post 8:14, first PM exchange 8:41; never sent me your phone number to call. A good deal moves fast on this bulletin board.

Hey, no worries, there will be other motors and then I will be driving.gif again. Just anxious to get a good one soon, the first autocross is tomorrow and I'll be sitting it out. hissyfit.gif
RUNNINGWOLF
If it's any concilation, I lost out on an engine on e-bay in the last 10 seconds, but I feel I got a better deal here. So keep the old chin up, tomorrows another day.....
Runningwolf driving.gif
PlaysWithCars
Not sure if I feel better about that or not. Just says that I need to get hungry and move on the good deals when they come up. chowtime.gif

Hey, maybe we'll cross paths in the future at an autocross in the upper left corner of the U.S. and we can compare stories about our "new" motors. At least I'm assuming you're building up a car for chasing cones around a course.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.