Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Teener Sighting in Portland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TC 914-8
Somewhere in east Portland, near 11th AV where it turns into Milwalkee St. I saw this poor little orphan, locked up behind bars. I stopped and talked to the guy who ran the rental yard where it was, he said it belonged to a guy named Greg. He thought it has a cracked head?? Who knows???
Nothing spectacular, I was glad after posting several teener sightings I finally got some picts. this time.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Did you get the vin ?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 12 2009, 08:59 PM) *

Did you get the vin ?

No the warden didn't have a key to let me in, I took the picts thru the bars.

confused24.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 12 2009, 08:59 PM) *

Did you get the vin ?

Jim tell me again why should we get the vin?
jim_hoyland
The board has a 914 registry by Vin. See My Controls, profile. You can both check whether a vin has been identified or add one. It help keep track of 914s

Sir Andy has been promoting this.
Silver Surfer
Huh. My car has been in a rented garage not far from there (14th) for the past 10 months. Never noticed that car while zipping around those side streets. My radar must not be working anymore. Need more drive time.
mpoffers
I saw a blue or gray 914 at a tire place on Sandy near NE 42nd this morning. Didn't get a chance to stop and look at it. Is that anyone here?
scotty
QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Mar 13 2009, 03:07 PM) *

Huh. My car has been in a rented garage not far from there (14th) for the past 10 months. Never noticed that car while zipping around those side streets. My radar must not be working anymore. Need more drive time.

914 radar works best when you're not in your 914.

I hate that! mad.gif
TC 914-8
QUOTE(scotty @ Mar 13 2009, 10:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Silver Surfer @ Mar 13 2009, 03:07 PM) *

914 radar works best when you're not in your 914.

I hate that! mad.gif

WTF.gif
I'll be back in Portland on Monday, if I'm near the sighting I'll get the VIN.

Some of you Portland Teeners, send me a PM with your #, see if we can get together for a beer beerchug.gif
I am going to get by Camp and visit the grand dad of teeners, Craig, if all goes well with the job.

If any one needs parts brought back to Seattle let me know, I'll be back home Wed. then Seattle on Thursday.

T
rascobo
Good job TC..8! I spotted that car a couple weeks ago and intended
to make time to check it out but... Any way, I'll PM You w/# and we'll beerchug.gif

Silver Surfer, Is it's a three door cinder block garage? I saw a very clean
914 parked outside a couple times last fall and was wondering who owned
it (I live just a block away). Would that be Yours?

In any case, I'd like to meet some local club members, and will second TC's idea to get together and drink, brag, and bullshit. ar15.gif
Todd Enlund
PM sent... beerchug.gif
914junkie
I'm down, would be nice to meet some local teener heads. beerchug.gif I'll send a PM and try to hook up with you guys. Think I'll be free on monday. beer3.gif drunk.gif Paul S.
Silver Surfer
QUOTE(rascobo @ Mar 14 2009, 01:33 PM) *

Silver Surfer, Is it's a three door cinder block garage? I saw a very clean
914 parked outside a couple times last fall and was wondering who owned
it (I live just a block away). Would that be Yours?

That sounds like where I'm at. Although I'm moving her at the end of the month. After living downtown for the past two years without adequate parking I'm finally bringing her home! She's no longer a garage princess and I've got my hobby back (minus the 3-mile round trip walk). biggrin.gif

I'd be down for a PDX 914 get together. The Tacoma crew does it, why not us?
MrKona
I can't make it Monday night, but definitely in the future. Would be good to get together with some fellow Portland area 914ers.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(914junkie @ Mar 14 2009, 07:58 PM) *

I'm down, would be nice to meet some local teener heads. beerchug.gif I'll send a PM and try to hook up with you guys. Think I'll be free on monday. beer3.gif drunk.gif Paul S.

Hey Paul, I'll be hitting the QFC in Vancouver around noon, I'll give you a call when I get close. If the weather is good I'd like to see your car. I will be driving my WRX, but I'll have a few picts of my car on the laptop.

Talk to you then.

Tony

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.