Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Testing" an ECU...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dbgriffith75
Is there any way to do it? I was digging through the shed and found the old ECU that was used on my car when it was FI. Is there any test I can run at home (bear in mind my car isn't in any condition to do it, if the car is required that is) or is there any place I could take it to have it done?

Thanks in advance.
JoeSharp
Jeff Bowlsby in the vendors fourm
tod914
Pelican Parts rents testers
Spoke
I tested the ECU before connecting everything to the engine. It is important to check all sensors and pieces before assembly. I found that one of the vacuum advance bellows was shot and wouldn't hold a vacuum. Here is a link to my ECU testing thread:

Testing An ECU
underthetire

Wow, thats cool but a whole lot of work ! I was having some issues with my Djet when things got hot. Bought a $250 megasquirt ECU and installed it. Now I can watch it with my laptop! Found out the CHT was going open at high temps. Thats fixed, and only one vacuum line now !

QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 13 2009, 07:53 AM) *

I tested the ECU before connecting everything to the engine. It is important to check all sensors and pieces before assembly. I found that one of the vacuum advance bellows was shot and wouldn't hold a vacuum. Here is a link to my ECU testing thread:

Testing An ECU

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.