Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring Fever!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
The snow is gone, we've had a couple of good rains washing most of the salt away and the car cover is off. Might take it out soon, on a nice weekend.

I've been running around, installed my driving (fog) lights, passenger side mirror, installing a new stereo and my teen is getting a center consol tonight.

I'm building a semi-hot 2056cc for it, hope to have that ready in May/June. I'm modifying a front air dam for my oil cooler.

Touch-ups, cleaning this and that, almost driving time, drool, drool. wacko.gif

You Cali guys might not get this, but us northern types have a major itch that needs scratching!

Oh boy, o-boy-o, boy, Aha-ha-ha, can't wait, can't wait!
boldblue.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Mark,
I feel your pain. I hope to be driving by next weekend. This was the longest winter EVER!! driving.gif
GWN7
beer.gif

My son has been working on his car for the last 2 days. He got his beginners permit last Friday and wants his first road lesson to be in the teener.

Snow's gone here too beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
The wife and I put over 225 miles on her 73 2.0 today. She backed the car and took the top off for our sunny and 75deg. day. Took off from home in Novato (north of SF) and had lunch in Mountain View (Armadillo Willies) then went back up 280 to hwy 84/Woodside and drove over to the coast. Blasted up HWY 1 into SF and crossed the GG. From there we went into Tiburon and drove around enjoying the views of a perfect day in the SF bay. I had a blast being passenger. I always end up driving. I spend so much time seat time in my truck.... a regular street car was actually fun.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Sounds nice, Brad. I awoke this morning to 1/2" of new snow. I hope they didn't salt the road for this little dusting of snow. If so, they push the season back until another all day rain washes it all away.
Dave_Darling
I thought that was you and Lyrissa, B! I almost phoned you... wink.gif But then, that probably wouldn't have been a Good Move on my part.

I was in the passenger's seat of one of a million anonymous silver Integras that you passed on 19th Ave. We were headed north, you were headed south.

--DD
Mark Henry
It's frickin' snowing again!!! mad.gif ar15.gif fighting19.gif :gilloutine: :finger2: finger.gif icon8.gif bs.gif barf.gif wacko.gif blink.gif devil.gif hanged.gif

Please sir, can you shove it up your ASS!! mad.gif

Hey, at least it's warmer there! icon8.gif
tahoward
Flurries here too, but 60 tomorrow!!!! I gotta at least get it started!
Brad Roberts
Oh man.. I'm sorry. Its 78 deg here today without a cloud in the sky. We have all the doors open to the shop.. we are actually getting some stuff done.

It makes the high taxes, high housing costs and high fuel prices all go away...LOL

Dave.. I left my cell at home on purpose. Its the only true way I can "get away".

B
Dave_Darling
That's OK... I think I would'a lost a lot of points with the girl if I had called someone anyway. Which is why I didn't even try. smile.gif (Note that I said "almost called"...)

--DD
GWN7
It rained here last night. The boy spent 2 hrs hand washing and cleaning his ride, then it rained. smile.gif

Here's his 70 ....
campbellcj
I feel sorry for you guys (NOT :finger2: )

It was about 90F here the last two days and barely a cloud in the sky. The A/C in the house kicked in for the first time since last Fall.

We've been doing track events since early January...wooohoooo
Curvie Roadlover
ChrisC, Your old Fuchs have yet to touch Michigan pavement, but they will soon. Hopefully the MI 914 season openning day will be this Saturday.
Mark Henry
DAMN !!! DAMN-DAMN!!!

The salt truck just went by! mad.gif

Brad and Chris and your nice weather! :finger2:

We’ve had some warm days, it was 20 C last week, that’s about 68 F for you metric challenged types.
Ever seen 2 feet of snow disappear in 4 days?

I still wouldn't want to live anywhere else, in a couple of months I can cross the road with my fishing pole and hook a nice salmon or trout. I could bag a deer in the back yard, but the wife says if I shoot one she'll shoot me. We've been invaded by wild turkeys, not in season, damn again. Snow skiing is 10 minutes one-way and water skiing 15 minutes the other way, in season of course. Twisties and trails at my doorstep. Mosport racetrack is 20 minutes away and Shannonville raceway isn't too far.

So I really shouldn't complain, just that bitchin' about the weather is a Canadian national pastime.
seanery
75 and sunny in Indy today and the rest of the week and me without a teener!

I can't wait to get the 72 home!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.