Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you have a real Snob-Top?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
and would admit it? smile.gif

I was looking at an old Mitcom ad for their Snob Top II and realized I had never seen one. It should have tempered glass with a reflective coating, in a black aluminum frame. Anyone else ever seen one of these? If you have one, would you mind posting a few close-up photos?

The only kind I have seen are of plexiglass with a rubber marine zip-cord gasket which must mean other companies or glass shops where offering these besides Mitcom.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have an almost perfect one in stock for 600 bucks. (the top with the snob top installed) Stoddards sold it to this guy for his 914-6 and we got it with the car in addition to the regular top.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I guess it was made for old guys
JeffBowlsby
That is a great deal George! If it was FS new today it would cost:

Pat Garvey
I remeber it. Had a friend with one. Made the car hot & just didn't make sense, since the top is removable anyway.

But they sold some & that is Capitalism.
carr914
My Tilt-up/removable roof is much cooler beer.gif

Click to view attachment
Al Meredith
i've got one of those . I havent looked at it in some time, I remember that the plastic was grazed. Any one want it. I'll take some pics if there is interest.. I've also got a set of front and rear "ANCO" overrider chrome bars. AL
Drums66
I had one of those about 10 years ago.....
gave it to someone free.......it don't ring
my chimes!.......kind of redundant idea.gif

popcorn[1].gif
drive-ability
funny I have one of those sitting around.....Nicely done frame and glass but I don't use it.
914forme
LOL, I had a red-neck pimp version of that once, somebody cut a stock top, and dropped an aftermarket van conversion window into it. It was so ugly, but matched the purple and white velour interior of that car also. And how could I forget the white shag carpet.

Hey if the 914s a rockin don't bother knockin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.