Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Original 914-6 motor and trans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
klink
Original 914-6 motor and trans (side shifter). All rebuilt in the early '90s and in storage since then. Motor, trans, oil lines, two out of the three shift linkage parts,weber carbs (rebuilt), hydra stop cam tensioner add ons, 911 exhaust, turbo valve covers, powder coated dry sump oil tank, '74 911s tach (fair shape), Rich Johnson front motor mount (minus the sport mounts). Motor turns over easily and looking at the cam tensioners I'd have to say it all looks new. $5000 for everything. I'm not willing to ship at this time. Pick up only and I'm in So Cal. If I get no takers that may change. Just to give you an idea I paid $500 shipping from Texas. .Motor, Trans, Exhaust, Sheet Metal and Air Cleaner $3750
klink
Sorry for not putting 'FS' on original post.....I put it on my first try but when I went to add it, unfortunately the entire post vanished. On the second attempt I forgot it....good intentions, poor execution. Here are some pictures.

klink
More Pics
bcheney
It would be very cool for this motor to find its original tub...and be reunited...Very cool to see this complete package outside the car! best of luck with the sale!!
klink
It would be great to get this back to the original car. Hard to figure if that car is still around. I need to correct something.....transmission is a tail shifter not a side shifter...914-6's didn't come with side shifters as far as I know. Hopefully this will find a home in an original six vehicle. If not it would be a great period piece to recreate a legend. Actually it really looks great in the garage so if it doesn't sell it's fun to look at. I may even buy a roller. put it in just to see how it runs. I've had it for four years so it's kind of part of the family. The guy I bought it from was very upfront. It was rebuilt by a race mechanic on the East Coast. It's never had oil in it just assembly lube. I can only pass on the same guarantee......It should fire and run but there is no guarantee. Should produce around 125 HP. It's really not the HP as much is it is the sweet sound of a six. I do believe it is all new inside just from what I can tell from the outside. You are going to have to want this motor for what it is. Obviously you can go much bigger with more HP but this is a simple motor. Fuel pressure and 12 volts to the coil and you're good to go. Thanks for looking.

carr914
What is the Motor #. It should start with 64xxxxx
pete-stevers
will you part out any of this set up?
tin, mount and valve covers
klink
S/N on Motor is 6405556.
Maico Guy
I have PM'd you a couple of times. I'd like to talk to you about this motor. I have a 2.0L with 5 lug wheels and brakes that needs a 6 cylinder. I left my number in the PM. Call me and lets try to make a deal.
klink
Thanks to the Admins for adding "FS" to the post.
Joe Bob
Anyone have the ability to search engine number for the tub number?
klink
Sale Pending.
klink
SOLD. It all went as a package deal.
Rob-O 1167
Well, that's my old motor. I'm surprised I ran across this today. I sold it to "Klink" back in early 2004. To answer some other questions, there is no need to locate the tub that it came from. It was dismantled back in ~1987. The car was rusty and back then sixers were a little more plentiful. So the tub went away (not my car and not my doing before anybody gets an inclination to flame me for it). It was rebuilt back in about 1990 or so by a guy named Jay Kjoller of Kholler of Southeast Michigan. I only met the guy once or twice (the owner of the motor was having it rebuilt when I got in on the deal) and he had a ton of 911 motors around, and on that particular day was ramping up to get out of town and attend (as a mechanic) Daytona. I believe all the stock internals are 2.0 and original except for the heads and pistons, which were updated to 2.2L. Been a long time, so I may be mistaken on that point. But that's the recollection anyways.

I never liked that the owner of the motor painted part of the block during his restoration, as I preferred the stock aluminum (or magnesium).

I can answer other questions about the rebuild and the parts that I sold to Klink if the purchaser is interested. But I don't know who that is.

Looks like Klink added a good deal of parts to the pile since it left my house in a crate.
Rob-O 1167
Also, the engine number dates it to a 1969 914-6.
inschool
I PM you Rob.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.