Well my goal is to get one of my three 914's running as a daily driver while I dream up what I want to do to the other two. Since my wife is not talking to me right now, it has become a brilliant time to get to work on Tisch. So in last two days I have:

Pulled all the carpet to assess floorboards. They suck.
Carpet adhesive, from carpet to pad and pad to floorboard can only be described as ludicrous. It took forever to get it separated from the car.
Although unorthodox, I got hole cut on bottom of tunnel to re-weld clutch tube.
Oh yeah, diagnosed correctly that the clutch tube came loose in front weld.
Reason I am going through the bottom, is that there was a convenient little rust hole exactly where the tube needed to be welded, so two birds one air tool.
Replaced both handles on driver door, and while doing that I was cleaning lock cylinder, which I had never seen before and let all the little fun stuff fall out. Half an hour later, I think I could be a locksmith. Much more to do tomorrow, but most importantly, if I get clutch tube welded, the car is again drivable!!!!! For being a beginner at the whole mechanical thing, and possibly bordering on dangerous, I am actuall pretty proud of myself. Think I will be able to go for afternoon drive. I will post some pics of the carnage in the morning. sawzall-smiley.gif beer.gif welder.gif