Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lower the front
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
corvette6698512
Whats the best way to lower the front of a 914? It sits too high in the front, and needs to go down an inch or 2. Thanks
RJMII
check out this thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=69813
r_towle
cinder blocks
corvette6698512
I was thinking along the lines of sandbags, but wanted to check to make sure that's a reasonable direction to take. Thanks for the link RJMII.
r_towle
sand bags do work, I prefer pouring concrete in there...it forms up nicely.

R
Jeffs9146
OK guys lets be serious!~!!

Lower it by adjusting the adjuster nuts on the torsion arms and install a bump stear kit. If that is not low enough you can pull off the adjuster arms and reindex them and adjust the lowering nuts again. when you get it so low that you loose your shock travel you can do as shown in the link above, lowing the spindles.
corvette6698512
Thanks!! I'll take a look at it tomorow. Theres a few things i need to order, and i guess i'll order the bump steer kit as well.
corvette6698512
Just looked at the bump steer kit, and i'm 100% sure i can make that. Does anyone know the measurements on the spacer for the steering rack? Thanks
underthetire
let the jack down av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(corvette6698512 @ Mar 15 2009, 11:41 AM) *

Whats the best way to lower the front of a 914?

A 11mm socket on a socket wrench ...
shades.gif Andy
jt914-6
Are you sure that the rear springs aren't sagging making the front look too high?
corvette6698512
Weather it is, or not, the car sits too high for my taste biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.