Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale: 75 2.0, backdated, Fuchs, $800
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Rand
I hate to bail out of it, but I don't think I want to drag this thing to Reno.

Fuchs wheels with brand new 205/55-15 tires all the way around.

The 2.0 with Djet was running perfect, but has 140k miles, and dropped a galley plug. Good news is, that's an easy fix and it dropped while parked so the engine has not been run without oil. It would make a great core for a rebuild, or fix the plug and get by for a while.

Sideshift transmission shifts fine. Fiberglass bumpers, and valance/spoiler. Spare MPS, spare distributor, some extra parts.

The chassis is a project. The hell hole is really bad. I have it braced, so it's plenty strong, but it's going to take some metalwork to clean it up. I was looking forward to that, but it's not a good time for me. If you want a really cherry 914, don't look at this one as anything more than parts.

So, what are the parts worth? How about $800?

I need to sell it THIS WEEK, or I'll be towing it to Reno.
Rand
Here's a snapshot:
biosurfer1
If you dont get this stuff sold, Jamie (JRust) is coming to the swap in Sacramento on the 28th, maybe if you get stuck taking it to Reno, that might be a good way to try and get rid of it....maybe could work something out.

GL
JRust
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 16 2009, 12:31 PM) *

I hate to bail out of it, but I don't think I want to drag this thing to Reno.

Fuchs wheels with brand new 205/55-15 tires all the way around.

The 2.0 with Djet was running perfect, but has 140k miles, and dropped a galley plug. Good news is, that's an easy fix and it dropped while parked so the engine has not been run without oil. It would make a great core for a rebuild, or fix the plug and get by for a while.

Sideshift transmission shifts fine. Fiberglass bumpers, and valance/spoiler. Spare MPS, spare distributor, some extra parts.

The chassis is a project. The hell hole is really bad. I have it braced, so it's plenty strong, but it's going to take some metalwork to clean it up. I was looking forward to that, but it's not a good time for me. If you want a really cherry 914, don't look at this one as anything more than parts.

So, what are the parts worth? How about $800?

I need to sell it THIS WEEK, or I'll be towing it to Reno.

Hey Rand, How bad is the hell hole? Is it in the long? Suspension ear? Any chance you are heading my way. I don't have the time to get up there. If you have some time to bring it down I'll buy it depending on the hell hole issues & how far the rust has gone. Talk to you soon- Jamie
effutuo101
I am driving back from Sacramento early next week. When are you driving donw?
I will waive as I drive north. 425.328.5788 if you run into trouble before Tuesday on your way down. I will be leaving Monday or Tuesday.
rjames
Aww man, Rand! Are you moving to Reno?? Hate to see the car being sold befor it got the new engine you were planningon putting into it. Hope you're planning on staying in the area!

Nevermind, just saw your other posting. Real sorry to see that you're moving away from the PNW.
Solo914
Rand,
Sorry to see you go man, but completely understand. Let me talk to my dad and see if he is interested in your car. He was mentioning that he wanted a 914 to put a rebuilt porsche six in.

shoot me your phone # and maybe I can swing by and take a look at the rust etc.

Kyle
Rand
To all who have asked about the rust & hell hole:
Like I said, it's a project and the hellhole is really bad! You can see through it. It's going to take a lot of metalwork. The rest of the car is rust free though... The other typical spots like cowl, around front fenders, sail panels, etc., are all clean.

I'm not parting it out. It's for sale as a whole, at a price that is fair for just the major parts. Feel free to make an offer if you think it's worth less. I don't want to haul it. If I have to tow it, I might as well leave it hitched all the way home and keep it.

Chris: Thanks! Looks like I'll be a couple days ahead of you. I need to be in Reno before Monday.

Robert: Thanks man. Who knows, maybe I'll end up keeping it and doing the motor swap after all! I would just rather not have to move it. If it sells, I'll definitely pick up another one later. I'm too addicted to be 914less for long. smile.gif

Kyle: Your dad might want a nicer car to put that 6 in. This thing is more of a rat rod project. biggrin.gif But feel free to call and look at it. 425.829.4162
boxstr
PM Sent. I can come up and tow it away and I can Instant PAYPAL payment.
CCLINTOWAWAY
rhodyguy
i approve.

k
jd74914
I wish I was closer...that seems like a great price! smile.gif Good luck with the sale and move.
boxstr
Hello Anyone there???
JRust
Yeah! Craig get's it again. Good luck Rand. You'll come accross a nice one down south for sure. Be easier than towing what you got all the way. Good luck my man biggrin.gif
boxstr
Me?? I don't have it.
CCLINNOTSYRE
Rand
Craig, I'll call you today.
boxstr
Jamie, Okay now I have it. rolleyes.gif
CCLINSOLD
boxstr
Nate, You inquired about the Fuchs, where are you located?
CCLINCAMPMODE
rhodyguy
i think he lives in anacortes craig. about an hour and one half north of where we are going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.