Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Know these wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justme
got these from a local 914-8 guy

they have rock hard kumho's on them, darn...

back of the wheel has ADEIN USA 15 x 5,6 1120lbs max

they are alloy, look great and no road rash/scars

I did a search on Adein, no result sad.gif

Let me know what you can share about these. I think they'll look great on the car

Phil
dr914@autoatlanta.com
real empi wheels

QUOTE(justme @ Mar 16 2009, 03:52 PM) *

got these from a local 914-8 guy

they have rock hard kumho's on them, darn...

back of the wheel has ADEIN USA 15 x 5,6 1120lbs max

they are alloy, look great and no road rash/scars

Let me know what you can share about these. I think they'll look great on the car

Phil

Todd Enlund
QUOTE(justme @ Mar 16 2009, 03:52 PM) *

Throw an "M" in front of it biggrin.gif

MADE IN USA
sixnotfour
Throw an "M" in front of it

MADE IN USA

Doh slap.gif

real empi wheels
justme
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 16 2009, 03:24 PM) *

Throw an "M" in front of it

MADE IN USA

Doh slap.gif

real empi wheels

I don't know what you guys are talking about? I did a search for MADEIN and MADEINUSA too. Nothin bootyshake.gif :

Let's just say it was a long day! I saw some wheels on thesamba that had an "empi" logo on the back,nothing on these. They look pretty good though. I'm thinking a set of sticky AX skins on these and road tires on the fuchs.

My buddy's dad also tossed me this Saratoga to. Nice shape too.

Thanks for being gentle biggrin.gif
type2man
Those are aftermarket "empi" 8 spokes. If they were real empi's they would be 2 piece and the centercap would screw on.
aircooledtechguy
agree.gif What he said. . .
charliew
Yes the center cap would have holes that line up inbetween the spokes and the wheel holes would be threaded. ie the caps have screws that hold them on. Also the center hole would be larger on the real empi's.

like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=220376544857

Still they are desireable wheels for some people me included. I always need wheels for bugs.

I bought some like that at super shops in the 80's I think they were american eagle maybe. They take a 2 inch center cap. It's usually plastic and you can find them on ebay usually. Also you can get a billet cap that is held on with internal set screws on the inside. The short center caps look the best but will need to clear the hub and axle nut.

If you take the time those will probably polish up real nice. You can get polishing stuff good enough to do those at harbor freight. Do them while the tires are off so you can get any nicks on the rim sanded out. I use wet or dry 400, 1000, and 2000 grit paper to finish before polishing. A air tool with a 2 inch scotch brite pad is also a easy way to start on the nicks. Aluminum is almost as soft as bodyfiller to sand and cleanup.

Of course the real empi's were the best probably but those look to be well made for copyies. I have seen rougher copies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.