Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 End of Run! rare car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rockaria
IPB Image

This 914 can be yours for only $8,000 right now!

Collectors item on ebay...

Wow... they must mine and sell rust for tons of cash in Chicago!

What I can't figure out is "What is holding it together?"
Bleyseng
Pretty rusty car for $8000. We do know of tow cars later in the run, 4072 and 4081. Mine is 4063 and is not rusty at all.

Geoff
Dominic
Wow! They are really smoking some good sh#t in Chicago to ask $8000 for a pile of rust. smoke.gif I'd like to see what happens to that car if you were able to jack it up from one of those rusted jack posts......you think it will pass the Big Butt Test ? boldblue.gif
Please tell me that no one will put this much work into restoring that 76' just for the serial number. headbang.gif

I think this icon sums it up best sawzall-smiley.gif ......

This one goes out to the guy that buys that car. beer.gif (Soundslike a new beer commercial) "Mr. rusted out porsche 914 restorer"

OT: Damn, It almost feels like Chicago today in Northern California with this crazy wind and rain we're getting.
davep
Owner of 4070 just joined under name bullswin.

Who has 4072?
Bleyseng
Here is a pic of 4072
914 VIN 4762904072 is owned by Kent Carlson

Kent is the son of Dave Carlson who is developing the KitCarlson EMS FI system from the posta a few days ago.
LvSteveH
That's the least rare 914 of all....

A Rusty One!

sawzall-smiley.gif drunk.gif
anthony
Wow, two bids - up to $200. Someone would have to pay *me* at least $500 to take that car.
ninefourteener
Can anyone tell me where I can buy that style of decal? I've found the other style (smaller lettering)... but I really like that one.

What years did they use that style? Any specific models?? Please excuse my ignorance.. I just really like the way it looks.

Oh.. BTW..... the guy that posted that e-bay ad needs to be shot in the groin--LOL

beerchug.gif
Bleyseng
I thought Mike Z was selling those now, PM him.
Air_Cooled_Nut
has engine but has not run in a few years. (was told it ran when parked)

bs.gif
Christ I'm getting sick and tired of this over-used statement. Outrageous sticker price simply because it's near then end of production...uh no! Maybe if it was THE last one. No picture of the VIN...hmmmm.
Dad Roberts
Hey Nut......you close to Klamouth Falls? My old Type III is for sale up there. On Evil bay right now. Dad driving.gif
davep
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 25 2004, 08:50 AM)
Oh.. BTW..... the guy that posted that e-bay ad needs to be shot in the groin--LOL

beerchug.gif

Like I said, Ron just joined the list. Is that any way to greet him? Please have some consideration! Sure the buy it now price is high, but what is the reserve price? That is where the true value comes in. And hey, what is a core 2.0 engine and tranny worth. Pay you $500 to take it away? What are you smoking? Just think about the part out value alone.

DaveP
Bleyseng
The rust can be repaired, almost any car can, look at what Rusty did to fix that LE. (thats why his nickname is Rusty)

If the trunks aren't gone too and the rest of the car is all there it is worth something, well atleast $500 for the core 2.0l and other parts. Heck, I have netted almost $1000 in selling parts off the free 70 914 I took off a guys hands.

I agree that you guys a brutal laugh.gif

Geoff
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(Dad Roberts @ Feb 25 2004, 09:15 AM)
Hey Nut......you close to Klamouth Falls? My old Type III is for sale up there. On Evil bay right now. Dad driving.gif

Not even close...over 4 hours away!
morph
i pay 250.00 to 750.00 on rusty heaps (depending on the model) and make about 2000.00 in parts depending whats on it sawzall-smiley.gif some times i can even cut pieces out of one to make another live smile.gif
seanery
hey Dad Roberts, we need a link to that car.
Chris H.
Well, at least he pulled the rocker panel off (or maybe it fell off). That's usually left up to the new owner and it's always a fun surprise!

I'd say if the 2.0 is complete that car would fetch about $300-$500 around here. The ones that sit outside are rarely worth saving. I see that all the time. It is one of the last ones though. Too bad. I'd go look at it but it's way north of me.
EdwardBlume
If the rocker panel looks like that, think of what the rest of the car looks like..... Somebody would really have to love 76's and welding to save that one.
dmenche914
like a fine wine aging, or old scotch, this is real German steel, carefully oxidized in the olde world tradition, ready for the discrimiating driver.

914 rust is amoung the worlds finest, not to be blasted or scraped away, but savored by the fanatic 914 fan. Notice the unique patina of this oxidized iron, notice how tastefully it blends in with the remaining painted color, as if god himself adorned said vehicle with rust.

This is no Ford, nor Chevy nor Toyota rust, no this is rust of the gods, 914 rust. we all have a least a bit of it, so admit it, we love our rust!

Say the word, RUST, all together now...RUST!
Rusty
The rust can be repaired, almost any car can, look at what Rusty did to fix that LE. (thats why his nickname is Rusty)

Yes, just about anything can be repaired with enough time or money. The LE was a lot of work, and if I had to do the project over again - there are a lot of things I would have done differently.

The LE was a labor of love. I won't do another project like that again.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. My nickname when I was growing up was Rusty. My mother called me that because I had red hair as a baby. I switched to my given name when I was about 12 - I thought it sounded more "grown up".
RON S.
I know the feeling, ohmy.gif
Been there with my 6 when I started down that long and winding road. sad.gif
And what a long road it has been. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.