Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear view mirror options
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zonedoubt
Just installed a new windshield and mounted the stock rearview mirror with adhesive pad. It doesn't seem very sturdy and I don't like the look of the white adhesive pad showing from the outside. And I don't really want to go with the glue method. So I'm thinking of an alternative. I've seen the several threads about fabricating something with a BMW type mirror. I'm wondering if anyone has used a VW mirror like late model beetle or Rabbit/Fox. I want to get an idea of what works before trolling the wrecking yards and internet.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
probably the easiest and cheapest is to buy the 944 911 mirror and mount it with the glue on tab. It looks stock but the mounting is glued to the windshield and very sturdy
turboman808
Went thru several mirrors before getting a 944 mirror. Unfortunately I got a NOS mirror which was pretty crusty so I will probably replace it sometime as well.
Dr Evil
I used to make the BMW conversion mirrors. I still ahve a few cores I could convert for you if you want. I like those the best smile.gif You can probably use a VW or a Mercedes mirror as well. PM me if you are interested in a plug and play solution.
736conver
BMW mirrors are a nice cheap way to go. Theres a couple on ebay right now for cheap.
iamchappy
Might want to check with Paul, he may have some soon.

His works great!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=48369
Dr Evil
Paul uses the rubber coated mercedes mirrors, which work just as well as the BMW smile.gif I have core BMW mirrors in stock for cheap if you want to try to make your own wink.gif
zonedoubt
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 17 2009, 02:54 PM) *

I have core BMW mirrors in stock for cheap if you want to try to make your own wink.gif

I'm wanting to DIY for cheap. PM sent.
lotus_65
Thanks for the endorsement, Chappy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.