Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ducting Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I changed out the ducting pieces when I re-installed the engine (see pic's). I used an Aircraft grade (SCEET) ducting for $9.50 per foot which is enough to do both sides!!!!!!! This a a bit cheaper than the after market replacement style and a hell of alot better. -50'F to 950'F. Never thought I'd see the day that an aircraft part would be cheaper than an auto part!Anyway, I just wanted to suggest Aircraft Spruce www.aircraftspruce.com for this and several other items that are common to our cars.Their catalouges are free and you should request one if your into resto's. Use the part number in the photo to locate that item and read for yourself. Note this is 2 1/2". The original is about 2 7/16" so the new hose will slide on easily and tighten up just fine. While at their website check out pn# MS21919 clamps. Look familiar? I know I have some under my 914. These people were selling Optima style batteries 17 yr's ago.
Rav914
Brilliant. Thanks for the tip.
eg914
I used the orange tubing off the flapper valves and the black tubing from the fan to the J-tube. It works great and was not expensive. I second the aircraftspruce site.
Gint
Edited your post to make www.aircraftspruce.com a link. Thanks for the tip.

www.aircraftspruce.com
johnnie5
I have not yet put my flappers in since installing the new motor, I will definitely buy some of this hose - THANKS.
BTW, I have a CHT gauge I got from them, works great and supposedly more accurate than the VDO.
dflesburg
racer parts wholesale sells 11' pieces of this for about $75 including shipping.
6freak
Been use`n that stuff for years works great ...for brake duct hoses too..its tuff stuff....damn dude spend 75cents for a new hose clamp
76-914
The Type IV is a close cousin to the Lycoming/Continental Aircraft Engines. You can find a lot of things there for our aircooled engines. If your near corona, CA or Peachtree City, GA, walk in for a free catalouge. If they charge to mail one it is worth it. Plexiglass hazing/scratching is a problem in planes so they sell kits to refurbish it. so if you have gauges or cluster plastic (or windscreens for you racers that use polycarbonate) that needs refinishing. Again, many things there.
dflesburg
damn dude spend 75cents for a new hose clamp

You could have cleaned the rust off the flapper box and painted it with engine paint too.
jonferns
I see some fiberglass cloth in the background laugh.gif Thanks for the tip, im ordering some now
Krieger
damn dude spend 75cents for a new hose clamp

This is a slippery slope! This would make the flapper box look bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.