Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someone needs to snatch this up.Excellent deal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nomore9one4
No affiliation,but a fantastic deal for someone with more money than me. Although it is in my 5 year plan biggrin.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...T&viewitem=
iamchappy
w00t.gif
davesprinkle
From the pic, looks like a tail-dragger? They couldn't be bothered to install the engine in the middle, where it should be? That's a BS design.
Joe Bob
Cheesy....
hydroliftin
QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Mar 18 2009, 07:39 AM) *

From the pic, looks like a tail-dragger? They couldn't be bothered to install the engine in the middle, where it should be? That's a BS design.

This is a Perry kit car and is built on a VW pan so they don't have any choice. That is where the good doctor placed the engine.
Perry 550 Spyder
TedK
Click to view attachment"That's a man, baby!"
jaxdream
Reckon how much it would take to maintain the piolt ??? Prolly get 4 or 5 of them there cars !!! drooley.gif happy11.gif happy11.gif
Jaxdream
davesprinkle
QUOTE(hydroliftin @ Mar 18 2009, 08:05 AM) *

QUOTE(davesprinkle @ Mar 18 2009, 07:39 AM) *

This is a Perry kit car and is built on a VW pan so they don't have any choice. That is where the good doctor placed the engine.
Perry 550 Spyder

Yeah, like I said, bs.gif
If you're gonna do a 550 replica, it need to be done with the engine in the middle. If the VW pan won't allow that, then DON'T USE THE VW PAN. Make another frame. Accepting the rear-engine compromise is a cheap cop-out.
aircooledtechguy
My dream Porsche is a 550 replica but it MUST have the motor where God intended it to be; IN THE MIDDLE!! It appears that using the VW pan is cheaper, but definitely heaver by a hundred pounds or so over a tube chassis.
Joe Bob
There IS a pecking order in the Porsche replica market. Using a VW pan is WAY down at the bottom of the gene pool.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The Chuck Beck 550 is a piece of artwork compared to this one! The model CERTAINLY does not help it!!!!! (maybe it is a conversion job!)
sean_v8_914
blah, blah...I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers.
MBowman325
Wow, she doesn't look too happy to be there in one of those.. smile.gif

I like the Spyders (and really, all of the good Dr.'s vehicles), but moving the engine around is sorta like GM calling the Lumnia a Monte Carlo (in regard to FWD vs RWD). Not quite the same...
So.Cal.914
Click to view attachment
iamchappy
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 18 2009, 12:58 PM) *

Thats pretty much the way heshe looks to me... icon8.gif
TedK
Love the 5 o'clock shadow
Shade Tree
WTF.gif That's a man modeling in that car..
1970 Neun vierzehn
the real thing......
r_towle
If you were to park a perry spyder next to a real one or a Beck....you would notice that the lines are all wrong.

the front end is fine, but the perry spyder is longer in the tail section and it just looks funky.

This is the only rear engined 550 replica I know of, but its cheap to buy and build...most would not know.

If the price is right, someone should go for it and leave the model back on hollywood blvd.

rIch
naro914
We sold the Beck/Chamonix (long story, but they are one in the same) for a while, and they are fantastic cars. Very well built, and an absolute blast to drive. One I know of for sale right now is probably the best one i've ever seen, originally ordered by a huge Porsche guy with a lot of money. all the right options, 2165 CB Performace engine (approx 175 hp!) and only 1400 lbs +/-.

John Forbes at Black Forest racing is helping a body shop build the Thunder Ranch spyders. Not as good as a Beck/Chamonix, but pretty nice.

BTW, OT a bit...anyone ever seen Chuck Beck's new 904? all I can say is....WOW...
LarryR
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Mar 18 2009, 07:30 AM) *

w00t.gif

LOL more than one reproduction in this photo beerchug.gif Not complaining though both
are good representations beerchug.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 18 2009, 10:58 AM) *

icon8.gif
LarryR
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 18 2009, 10:23 AM) *

blah, blah...I wouldnt kick her out of bed for eating crackers.

LOL! I have not heard that expression in a decade but agree.gif
LarryR
I dont disagree that its a tad cheezy but if this looks like a man to you guys I hate to see what your ideal woman is:

Click to view attachment
dlo914
Which company was it that was making a replica spyder using a subaru powerplant and with mid-engine placement?
Wilhelm
Click to view attachment

I found the passenger!!!!

Click to view attachment
charliew
I think I see a axle of a swing axle bug. That would fit with the early wheels and bolt pattern. The first spyder I know of with a mid engine suby motor and tranny was the saker car made in australia. That was the first time I found out about the bremar fwd conversion for the awd suby tranny.

There is also a mid engine speedster with a suby.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(charliew @ Mar 18 2009, 07:31 PM) *

I think I see a axle of a swing axle bug. That would fit with the early wheels and bolt pattern. The first spyder I know of with a mid engine suby motor and tranny was the saker car made in australia. That was the first time I found out about the bremar fwd conversion for the awd suby tranny.

There is also a mid engine speedster with a suby.

Ummmm, which "tranny" are you talking about?

lol-2.gif
number6
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 18 2009, 09:13 PM) *

Ummmm, which "tranny" are you talking about?

av-943.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(LarryR @ Mar 18 2009, 07:06 PM) *

I dont disagree that its a tad cheezy but if this looks like a man to you guys I hate to see what your ideal woman is:

Click to view attachment

Give me an hour in photoshop and i'll change your mind. biggrin.gif
dflesburg
Som'in kinda "eeeee" 'bout a boy dat don like baseball.....

That kit sucks. Spyders are Mid engine cars.

Thunder Ranch makes the kit I want to get someday after finishing the next two projects, Great Pumpkin and Flying Pumpkin...

550A6 is the way I want to go. Basically it will be a 3.2 with a pad to sit on and a seatbelt... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.