Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amelia Island Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ConeDodger
I have a virtual friend from the Z world that I have known for the last 15 years. Somewhere along the line he found, bought, and restored the BRE Rally Z from the '70s... This year, he was invited to the Amelia Island Concours which I understand is the second hardest invite to get in the concours world. By the way, Pete Brock is in the pics posing with the car.
ConeDodger
More...
ConeDodger
more
1970 Neun vierzehn
Nice view of the rear! biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
more...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 18 2009, 04:54 PM) *

Nice view of the rear! biggrin.gif

If you think that is nice I have posted a "show us your tits" shot over in the Sandbox Hot Chicks thread. Hot blonde at the enterance.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 18 2009, 04:48 PM) *

...... the Amelia Island Concours which I understand is the second hardest invite to get in the concours world.....

Does anyone know if a 914 has ever been invited in?
ConeDodger
more...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 18 2009, 04:56 PM) *

...... the Amelia Island Concours which I understand is the second hardest invite to get in the concours world.....

Not that I know of but there has to be some Florida guys who would know...
1970 Neun vierzehn
I would hope something like this would qualify for an invitation.

BTW, I'm a pushover for big, numerous, high output rallye lights,

Pat Garvey
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 18 2009, 06:56 PM) *

I thought George H was invited lasy year!!??
URY914
From back in the day.....

dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 18 2009, 05:56 PM) *

we had the 916 there in about 1998 for the Porsche featured marque event. That is about it though they are very snooty. We attend the Hilton Head concours now every year MUCH nicer event and nicer venue.
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 19 2009, 09:29 AM) *

we had the 916 there in about 1998 for the Porsche featured marque event............

By any chance, would you have a picture (or two or three) of your car displayed there? Uh, and, if you don't mind my being nosey, did you get any kind of award or recognition with your entry?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
We have the picture from the event book but probably have a pic of the car in the lineup back then. Although our car was much much cleaner that most there, it di not impress the judges as much as a dirty orange 74 carrera next to us, as most average joes do not appreciate the beauty of the 914! I am used to presenting a very clean car for the concours competition buy Amelia Island is just not that. The judges decide what they like to look at dirty ill prepared or just a car owned by a celebrity!
On the other hand, last November our Limited Edition ivory/phoenix red, beat at least 12 other Porsches to win its class and the best Porsche in the competition, certainly a tribute to the open mindedness of the judges (although the car was not up to my usual standards!!!!!!!!!) (we are working on it this year) (most think that it is beautiful and perfect!!!) It is not though.
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 19 2009, 08:38 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 19 2009, 09:29 AM) *

we had the 916 there in about 1998 for the Porsche featured marque event............

By any chance, would you have a picture (or two or three) of your car displayed there? Uh, and, if you don't mind my being nosey, did you get any kind of award or recognition with your entry?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.