Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suspension needs tuning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
Mark fixed the sagging right rear by fixing the "alignment" I had done at a shop here in town who convinced me he knew what he was doing....so I fucked up. Now where do I take it? When HPH had it done for me, it came back and I got uneven tire wear....tried the new guy....not so much McMark said he had to re-index the adjuster TWICE to get the RF down(it was so high it was pushing the rear Left down.....Damn, no wonder the car was handling funny....so I need to know who to take it to, as close as I can get to Pacifica....thanks.
Dr Evil
Just lose some weight tongue.gif poke.gif

roadster fan
Hey Jim,

This is the place I have heard the bay area guys swear by. I have not been there so it is only word of mouth, hopefully others will chime in.

Custom Alignment in Mountain View

Hope this helps,

Jim
ConeDodger
Jim,
Doesn't Jerry Woods do that in addition to engine work?
Dr. Roger
He is in Pinole but John Holleran does them. But uses an outside companies rack.
He's in the process of building a 914 street/racer right now.
At least it would be done right.

r_towle
Do it yourself.
Its simple once you do it one time...you will kick yourself for not doing it yourself alot earlier.

PM me if you want instructions.

Rich
underthetire
I would like the directions! beerchug.gif
MartyYeoman
Jim,
I use Brandon Kraus at Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley.
He knows what he's doing. A real 914 guy.
The number is 510-582-5031
Marty
jesiv
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 20 2009, 04:45 PM) *

I would like the directions! beerchug.gif

I have the same issue (yes losing weight would help). I would like directions also!

Regards,

James
Dave_Darling
I've used Custom Alignment for my 914. Good work, not cheap. Good communication, good results. Corner-weighting is especially not cheap, particularly when they wind up needing to swap parts around to get the weights to work out.

--DD
jimtab
I want to thank everyone for their input on this, I finally made a decision and the winner is Custom Alignment, they are the closest one to me and they answered all my questions like I wanted. I just bought 4 new 195/65R 15 Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires, so back to "standard" ride height and a bit narrower tire from my 60 series 205s, but I'm just tired of scraping on everything all the time.....also a little better gas mileage and the speedometer will humm at a lower rate.....maybe..... driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.