Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interest in a License Frame
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
They would be in the $25 range before shipping.

I bought one from this guy at Pomona a couple years ago and wanted a new one because I destroyed my old one by not paying attention to where I laid it down when I sold the Range Rover.

He's checking out to make sure it can be done and the exact cost. He gives a small price break, but not huge.

These are nice, heavy duty frames either zinc or brass then chrome plated. I'm not sure which to get, I had the zinc before and it's nice, the brass is supposed to be a bit nicer, though.

I'll post a couple pics of his work.
This is the design I asked him to produce.

20 is the magic number.
seanery
proposed idea
seanery
some other work he's done
tat2dphreak
TX recently made a law against them... $200 fine and probable cause I don't get the law... but I abide it since I don't want to spend $200 on a ticket!!!!!
djm914-6
IMHO, it's too flashy and expensive for a 914. But, to each their own.

Just my $.02 worth. YMMV
Aaron Cox
im not too fond of the artwork. can we make them like the original club sticker?
Rouser
If it can be made on a thinner-rimmed frame, with the artwork similar to this page's header, I'd buy one. Just drop the "www."
Targa
I think they look Sweet! I want at least one. I have had my shop's plate frames on my car for the past two years and have refferred some 914/911SC/993 customers to them.... Effective March 1, 2004 I am eligable for a discount on labor! mueba.gif smilie_wirdgut.gif mueba.gif
Targa
Could the design of the outline of the 914 be changed to top down mode like the new hats?
seanery
they could, but they all would have to be.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Targa @ Feb 25 2004, 04:42 PM)
Could the design of the outline of the 914 be changed to top down mode like the new hats?

beer.gif
mharrison
I agree with the previous post that the www and the .com needs to go.

My 2 cents...
Joe Bob
Simple....
914 club

BTW...whatever happened to the hats?
seanery
dude, it takes 8 weeks. We just got to 80 paids 10 days ago. so, it's still 7 weeks or so away.
seanery
I agree with the www. but I think the .com should stay
914rick
Sean, I agree, drop the www and I'm in for one.
Thanks,
Rick
Joe Bob
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 25 2004, 05:35 PM)
dude, it takes 8 weeks. We just got to 80 paids 10 days ago. so, it's still 7 weeks or so away.

Cool...musta missed that part....my bad.
seanery
no problem, I had to go reread the thread to make sure it was there.
If we ordered as much as their regular clients they may make them faster, but I'm just happy to have such a manufacturer deal with us direct.
Brad Roberts
I like the plate frames Sean clap56.gif Good job.

B
VegasRacer
I like 'em, but I would not use it. So put me down for zero.
I have made my payment of $0.00 to your Paypal account. burnout.gif
sj914
I'd get one if it was the style with the hidden mounting screws.
seanery
the bottom screws are hidden and the top screws are covered with chrome caps.
sj914
In that case I would be interested on 1
JFJ914
The thick border on the bottom where you have the logo would cover the month, year and county stickers on the Georgia plates so they are a no go here. I think lots of states have data in the lower corners of the plates and would be covered not a good idea.
seanery
John,
In the case that your stickers are on the bottom, then, yes, these frames won't work. They were designed for the top stickers. With each state having it's own reasoning and agenda on registration stickers there is no way to get one frame that will work for all, unless it is very thin and blank.

Sorry GA guys.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 26 2004, 01:09 PM)
In the case that your stickers are on the bottom, then, yes, these frames won't work. They were designed for the top stickers.

Then you'll have to unvote me the one I said I would buy, Maine stickers are also on the bottom. Sorry.

I agree with (forget who), get rid of the www and keep the .com.
seanery
For those of you who ARE interested, would you like a TOP ON or TOP OFF version. We can only do one, so please voice your opinion and I can get some real pricing for these.
sj914
either on or off. both look good.
GaroldShaffer
I vote top off. Question for those that live in states with stickers on the bottom of you plates, are you
required to have a plates front & rear? Not sure
how well it would look but why not put a frame the front plate? Its your car, do what you want, just asking?

- Garold
seanery
actually, I expected them to be used more on their "other" cars/trucks.
Targa
TOP OFF Please!
914rick
Top off please. I plan to put the frame on the front bumper with a Porsche plate.
Rick
djm914-6
Ok, without the WWW. the frame would look better. I understand why the .com should be kept, but I still thing it would look better without.

What process is used for the lettering? If it's just paint, then I'll stick with my none vote, but if it's etched, then I'm a solid maybe.

I'd like to take some steelwool to it for a brushed finish then put it on my POS GTI.

As for the top, I'm all for topless driving, but in silouette form, a top looks sexier.
seanery
the design is cut out and filled with an epoxy paint.
Rouser
Top on ...
madd_dogg_914
I also agree, top on looks better for the silouhette(sp?) I also think we should keep the .com but lose the www. Make sure people know it is a website.

-Chris
seanery
Here is a revision. I'm not so sure the top off is the way to go. I liked it before I saw it, but not so much now...
seanery
and top on
sixerdon
Just a note to Dave and any other Mass owner. Mass DMV doesn't allow frames. If you go for your sticker they want to read the whole top and bottom. New car dealers used to attach their frames when they sold new vehicles. If you have a green single plate, then you can put it on the front with a porsche related plate. Check first before you get pulled over or rejected for a sticker. Been there.
Don
mightyohm
Top on looks way, way, way better. IMHO.
jarbuthnot
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Feb 27 2004, 09:54 AM)
Question for those that live in states with stickers on the bottom of you plates, are you required to have a plates front & rear?

Unfortunately, Maine has front and back plates mad.gif

If my vote counts, I vote for top on, looks much better.
914rick
Now that I see both, I change my vote to top on unsure.gif
Rick
Rgreen914
Outline of the car is really too rounded for a teener...top on!
Aaron Cox
sean,

do you have a picture of the original 914world.com sticker?
i think it would look primo on the bottom of the frame
Korijo
laugh.gif yes... 2 of 'em
seanery
Aaron,
the first sticker's design won't work well on the license plate frame, there are too many things overlapping and different colors AND there is no way in hell that guy would be able to cut out the sillhouette of the car. I thought of that design when I started thinking about the frame idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.