Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alien Poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I need to put a value on my car for a stated value insurance policy. I can get a policy with no restrictions but I need to have an appraisal done. The company is not going to be fussy and will accept a written letter from a local body shop. But I would like to see if my moral compass is pointing me in the right direction.

Many of you have seen my car and know what it took to get it where it is.

So what say you? confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif

Hmmmph! dry.gif don't think my poll is working... dry.gif First time I tryed this function.
drive-ability
well since its so so rare as a conversion I would place it at 50k. Theres no instructions to this car and to replace it would take hundreds of hours. With outher conversions you can go out and get one, this you can't, but you still have to be real about the value IMO popcorn[1].gif
ssstikircr
The poll is still not working. blink.gif
r_towle
You have one of three in the world.
the other two went for 50k a few years ago....

rich
PanelBilly
I tried twice to vote and got an error message. If you vote for the wrong amount does it throw you out with the wash?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Mar 20 2009, 04:02 PM) *

I tried twice to vote and got an error message. If you vote for the wrong amount does it throw you out with the wash?

lol-2.gif No, It's not rigged. I just failed as a poll starter. confused24.gif laugh.gif
lotus_65
sorry so stupid.

are "stated value" and "replacement value" the same?

because you can't replace that car for under $50.000.

(open your envy wallets people, I got a ride up the North Shore last weekend)
aktion035.gif wub.gif drooley.gif happy11.gif w00t2.gif

very_first_smiley[1].gif

sean_v8_914
Racer
I'm not a fan of v-8 conversions so I might be inclined to say less than $25K. Not many real close up pics to help determine the overall quality of the car.

The other side to the "stated value" type policy is that, now you get to pay insurance based on your new value. ie.. insurance for a $50K car. Any use restrictions with such a policy?

Are you going thru your regular insurance or a specialty insurance company?
sean_v8_914
I remember crawling around it back in 05 but I know you went in there again and kicked it up a few notches
iamchappy
Pasha interior is over the top---50,000!
dflesburg
I insured my car so that if it were stolen and I was still alive I could eventually make another one. (after I found all the parts - LOL like I could ever find all the parts again.)

PeeGreen 914
I would have voted for 30k. As I see it the car itself isn't what makes it so valuable. It is what you have done to it. For 30k you could take all the stuff that is not damaged and transplant it into another. with plenty left over for whatever you want. I may be wrong but that's how I figured my value.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Racer @ Mar 20 2009, 05:05 PM) *

I'm not a fan of v-8 conversions so I might be inclined to say less than $25K. Not many real close up pics to help determine the overall quality of the car.

The other side to the "stated value" type policy is that, now you get to pay insurance based on your new value. ie.. insurance for a $50K car. Any use restrictions with such a policy?

Sorry my poll doesn't work. But if you click on the "Alien progress info" in my signature space you can read through my build thread.
PeeGreen 914
Okay, after thinking about it I think I better up my value as well. I don't actually think I could replace mine for what I have stated sad.gif I would think for your car 40 to 50k would be a safe bet for being able to remake it..... maybe.
markb
50K easy. It's taken a lot of work to get where you are.
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Mar 20 2009, 08:53 PM) *

Okay, after thinking about it I think I better up my value as well. I don't actually think I could replace mine for what I have stated sad.gif I would think for your car 40 to 50k would be a safe bet for being able to remake it..... maybe.

agree.gif
neo914-6
> $50+k... beerchug.gif
g911
40K at least
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 20 2009, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer @ Mar 20 2009, 05:05 PM) *

Sorry my poll doesn't work. But if you click on the "Alien progress info" in my signature space you can read through my build thread.

WOW, I did not know you did a build thread...
Is that one of the first build threads on this site?
Is that one of the most viewed threads ever on this site?
Certainly think that prior to giving an opinion...a few people might want to click that thread and read a bit...
There are more than a few closeup pics on that thread.

Gofor 50k...

R
swl
Insure it for the cost you have sunk into it minus your labor. We know it would be difficult to sell the car at that price but purpose for the insurance would be to replace it if anything bad happenned.

Is it coincidental that the S on your grille looks like a $ - lol
aircooledtechguy
Since your premiums are going to be based on what they will have to pay out "IF" that sad day comes, I would go for the higher amount if the premiums are O.K. Collector car agreed value insurance is a bargain so go big; you're paying for it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(swl @ Mar 21 2009, 07:47 AM) *

Insure it for the cost you have sunk into it minus your labor. We know it would be difficult to sell the car at that price but purpose for the insurance would be to replace it if anything bad happenned.

Is it coincidental that the S on your grille looks like a $ - lol

Actually, it was a pure coincidence. Our own Howard spotted that and snapped the shot. (miss ya buddy) It is now famously known as "The Money Shot"
Johny Blackstain
very_first_smiley[1].gif = $50k+
Rick, did you get those shields up & running yet? biggrin.gif
seanery
Rick, the problem with the poll isn't you, it's us...we've got a gremlin running around here! Damn AMC!!!

It's a great car - big money for replacement! I'd vote big!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 21 2009, 08:51 AM) *

Rick, the problem with the poll isn't you, it's us...we've got a gremlin running around here! Damn AMC!!!

It's a great car - big money for replacement! I'd vote big!

Thanks for the info Sean! I was thinking I was even more incapable than I usually am. Me and computers. screwy.gif
Todd Enlund
Taken out of context blink.gif :

QUOTE(seanery @ Mar 21 2009, 09:51 AM) *

Damn AMC!!!

It's a great car -

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Rick,
IMO you have one ,if the most unusal , 914,s have seen. Could it be

duplacated for the 50 . or would you have the steam to do it again. You are the

expert on the INS. industry here. I would ins. for the total amount you have in it

in parts. Then take that figure add it to the average labor rate in your area for

the hrs. you figure you spent on it. That is what you have in it, if it is totaly

distroyed ,that would be a figure to start with. My 2 cents Dave slap.gif
rick 918-S
How'd this old post pop up? screwy.gif
lotus_65
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 25 2009, 12:20 AM) *

and why are we up so early?
nsr-jamie
Where can I see more of your car? Sorry I am kind of new here and don't know everybody...do you have some links with some pictures or maybe a website or a blog? Looks amazing!!
jimkelly
since a 50K policy will cost you more than a $30k or $40k policy - but not by much - i would say shoot for $50k. assuming it is stolen, cost to replace = car $10k, engine $10k, restore parts $10k, labor $20k. my gut reaction ??

Gint
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 24 2009, 11:20 PM) *

Someone voted in the poll. That pops the thread to the top of the chart. Even if there was no reply.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Nov 25 2009, 04:02 AM) *

Where can I see more of your car? Sorry I am kind of new here and don't know everybody...do you have some links with some pictures or maybe a website or a blog? Looks amazing!!

Thank you Jamie. biggrin.gif Click on the three links at the bottom of my post by my name. \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ assimilate.gif
6freak
you never get out of them what you put in everyone knows that ..well most know that

BUT if you have the option to go 50k why not! your time is worth something as well as parts and piece`s ......I go through LeLand West and pay less then $400 a year at a stated value of 50k..
.be careful my first appraisel i had on my car the man said it was only worth $13.500 i chuckled and went to get a second opinion
Steve
I made the mistake and selected $25k, since in todays economy that might be all you could typically get for it unless you find the right buyer that knows what its worth. When it comes to insurance, I went with Hagerty and chose a price on what I have into it versus what it is worth. AAA was a pain, they made me go to a shop to get a stated value and they wouldn't insure the car for what I had into it.
turboman808
I always find the 914 crowd to be such a weird bunch. I meet guys who have well over 100 grand into a build here and there. Then other 914 owners who think every 914 is only worth 10 grand unless it's all original then it's worth 15 grand.

I have mine insured for 70 grand. Thats what I have into it and in a few years I will have another 40 grand into it and have exactly the 914 I always wanted. I will also have it insured for 110 grand.
scotty b
I'll give you 3.50 and not a penny more.
6freak
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 25 2009, 02:23 PM) *

I always find the 914 crowd to be such a weird bunch. I meet guys who have well over 100 grand into a build here and there. Then other 914 owners who think every 914 is only worth 10 grand unless it's all original then it's worth 15 grand.

I have mine insured for 70 grand. Thats what I have into it and in a few years I will have another 40 grand into it and have exactly the 914 I always wanted. I will also have it insured for 110 grand.

good luck with that ..I just don`t see a company paying that for any 914 ..please share more info on the company ..I want in on that deal!...what do you pay for a years coverage and what kind of restriction do you have on said car

Maybe its a factory 916..or something like that..914-6GT???
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 25 2009, 01:20 AM) *

Sell it to me.
Forget insurance....time for a new project anyways.

Rich
6freak
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 25 2009, 02:23 PM) *

I smell smoke ...or is that stromberg.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Rick:

I am glad to put my 2 cents in on this. I checked the , less than 50,000.00
button. IMO you need another one for over 50,000.00.
I have seen his 914 a couple of times , and I get more impressed every time.
Some of you may know this but this is not a trailer queen. If Rick goes to a 914 event he drives . It may be to the West Coast, or to the Mid States Ramble, Hershey, Mid West, all points of the country. So does that add to the value , I really don't know, but it shows the quality of a build. I think it's worth at least 50,000.0. Do I think you would be able to collect that on a Total , NO!!!! I don't have that much faith in the INS. Industry. OK so I put in more than 2 cents worth.
Dave slap.gif

P.S. Is the fact that Rick is a hell of guy, worth something, I think so!

rick 918-S
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Nov 30 2009, 10:54 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Rick:

I am glad to put my 2 cents in on this. I checked the , less than 50,000.00
button. IMO you need another one for over 50,000.00.
I have seen his 914 a couple of times , and I get more impressed every time.
Some of you may know this but this is not a trailer queen. If Rick goes to a 914 event he drives . It may be to the West Coast, or to the Mid States Ramble, Hershey, Mid West, all points of the country. So does that add to the value , I really don't know, but it shows the quality of a build. I think it's worth at least 50,000.0. Do I think you would be able to collect that on a Total , NO!!!! I don't have that much faith in the INS. Industry. OK so I put in more than 2 cents worth.
Dave slap.gif

P.S. Is the fact that Rick is a hell of guy, worth something, I think so!

Thanks Dave! beerchug.gif

This is an old post. I never did purchase any insurance. Just full coverage from the same guys I insure my daily drivers with. It's kind of stupid I know but I had one hell of a busy summer. No excuse for not covering your assets, but I had a really busy year. I promise I will take better care of myself next year.

r_towle
A cobblers children have no shoes.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.