Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chemical Rust Treatment Comparisons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
This topic comes up every now and then...

http://www.geocities.com/goodytommy/rust/
ArtechnikA
" Excluded Treatments (POR-15, Corroless, Enrust, H402, Miracle Rust Remover and Metal Prep, OxiSolv, Rass-O-Nil, Ospho, Neutra-rust ) "

since 3-4 of our favorite products are specifically excluded, it's interesting, if not usefull, reading ...
fraggle00
Since "our fav's" were excluded from the article - what's the vote here?

POR15 or Rustoleum?

It is almost warm enough in my garage to start doing some sealing/painting and I want to use one of those because they're easy to buy and easy to put on.
MattR
ehhh, college chemistry flashbacks....

from 10 am this morning smile.gif

The PO to my 914 used corolless. He swears by it. His project 356C was covered in it.
RustyWa
This comparison is only going over a bunch of different rust removers and converters. Like POR-15s "famous" Metal-Ready.

Paints and coatings which are intended to be applied over a rusted surface to encapsulate the rust but not chemically change the rust,  are not included in this comparison.
Jeroen
Did anyone here try "Rust Bullet" yet?
Application should be a lot easier than POR15
No delicat prep methodes needed
Can be top coated with regular paint (no topcoat / primer needed)
Just apply a couple of thin coats and you should be set

Don't have the website handy, but Google should come up with it easily enuf...

cheers,

Jeroen
crash914
I just read eastwoods blurb.....tested by an independent shop...... wink.gif wink.gif

http://www.eastwood.com/RustvsPOR.asp
ArtechnikA
the 356 guys, who have been dealing with rust 20 years before the first 914, seem to like this product:

" Check out this product: "Zero Rust" www.autobodystore.com Better than Por-15,
from my experience with both. "

so there's another option for us ...

sunny and warm this weekend - if i didn't have to finish a newsletter and make a substantial dent in the taxes i'd probably be in the garage slathering POR-15... i'll be lucky if i can even start taking things apart (again) this weekend ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.