Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - proper stance 1 2 or 3rd
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
photo
jasons
Proper or looks best? I owned a 54 chevy pickup and there is no doubt in my mind the top pic is proper. But, the wheels aren't so it looks silly. Mine had tall-skinny tires on the factory wheels that filled the fenders better.

With those wheels, I would want the bottom pic.

BTW I still miss that truck.
jaxdream
Really depends on what you are looking for , I like 1 and 2 , 3 seems to be the favorite amoungst the mini folks , pavement draggers , if you enjoy grinding the bottom out of a vehicle . Also depends on the roads you drive it on , rough country backroads , pot holes , speed bumps any thing that would hangup the suspension and undercarriage . It appears that you have airbags or something similar , adjust to taste .

Jaxdream
Bruce Hinds
Consider too what you are going to haul!
Big ass -1 (for clearence)
old ass -2 (easier to get in and more practical)
young ass -3 (might think it's cool)
But if you just want to haul ass.... take the teener!
markb
ConeDodger
Number 2... Mmmmm Crager S/S wheels! Love them for old American Iron!

Do you own that Jim?
scotty b
Did you buy that one Jim or are you still looking? Stance wise I'd go with 3 but for what you want probably #2. shades.gif
Gint
#3 Or maybe something in between 2 and 3.

My 67 is going to get a 5 lug conversion (lol) and slammed to about that height. One of these days...
scotty b
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 22 2009, 07:26 AM) *

#3 Or maybe something in between 2 and 3.

My 67 is going to get a 5 lug conversion (lol) and slammed to about that height. One of these days...

So we already have a side cult of BMW motorcycle owners. Looks like we might have a side cult of Chebby truck owners too aktion035.gif
messix
front 3 rear 2.

if you got the bucks bag it for the adjustable ride hight and ride.
sixnotfour
#1 Cragars 1978 look.

I like #3

needs a camaro sub frame graft. disc brakes power steering, ind. sus.
jimkelly
not mine

but it is on the top of my list - for quality and value.

bags would be great with a button on the dash that said - speed bump : )

thanks guys

jim
slow914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 22 2009, 10:14 AM) *

not mine

but it is on the top of my list - for quality and value.

bags would be great with a button on the dash that said - speed bump : )

thanks guys

jim

What is that #5, I like that best
So.Cal.914
Remember what they say about yellow. smile.gif

Click to view attachment
dw914er
number 2 looks pretty good... depends on the rims though....the lower would look sweet, but on different rims

so #2 for me
So.Cal.914
A bit of a pain to drive but they look good dumped too.

Click to view attachment
jimkelly
yellow .......... hum.......... i will have to think about that..thought about it.NO : )

yeah - cragars would have to go.

i think a 70 series tire would be fine.

jim
boxstr
Jim This is one of my favs. that I spotted at the Portland roadster show last weekend.
I almost traded my 48 Chev coupe for a 5 window Chev truck.
CCLINA-DBODYTRUCK
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 22 2009, 11:15 AM) *

yellow .......... hum.......... i will have to think about that..thought about it.NO : )

yeah - cragars would have to go.

i think a 70 series tire would be fine.

jim

LOL...I had to try. biggrin.gif

A little more rod for ya.Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

LarryR
Between 2 and 3 and bag it or air shocks for towing...
jimkelly
i do like that grey and black paint scheme : )

is yellow starting to grow on me? ...............hum.......................... NO : )

jim
scotty b
QUOTE(boxstr @ Mar 22 2009, 11:18 AM) *

Jim This is one of my favs. that I spotted at the Portland roadster show last weekend.
I almost traded my 48 Chev coupe for a 5 window Chev truck.
CCLINA-DBODYTRUCK

Damn nice. That's got me to rethinking chopping mine. I HAD decided not to, but then again idea.gif Here's a couple of my faves since this thread is going that route rolleyes.gif
rick 918-S
#4 Scraping frame! aktion035.gif
scotty b
Few mo smile.gif
scotty b
aktion035.gif
boxstr
Scotty that gray GMC is beautifulllll. Wow This is really making me rethink my want for a 52-53 Ford F100.
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
So.Cal.914
The last one is a Stude isn't it?
scotty b
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Mar 23 2009, 09:57 AM) *

The last one is a Stude isn't it?

Nope Chevy with Buick headlights. smile.gif
GreatPumpkin
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Mar 22 2009, 10:01 AM) *

photo

pic number 3 looks sweet. stick with that.
byndbad914
I hate big wheels... that said, all fat fendered cars should have big wheels and be slammed to the ground. The silver truck above is proof positive and the greenish GMC as well. I don't care for big and littles (like 18" front 20" rear - hate it) but 18" to 20" looks good if you maintain a decent height sidewall - those old trucks need some rubber to look good v. the rubber band forklift wheel look so many people have with big wheels. Anything larger than 20" starts looking dumb again IMO.

Looks like the silver Cheb has a blown SBC, but I am thinking one with a blown LS3 would be awesome!
VaccaRabite
That truck needs to be raked! Not so low, but lower in the front then the back.

Zach
scotty b
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Mar 24 2009, 04:09 PM) *

I hate big wheels... that said, all fat fendered cars should have big wheels and be slammed to the ground. The silver truck above is proof positive and the greenish GMC as well. I don't care for big and littles (like 18" front 20" rear - hate it) but 18" to 20" looks good if you maintain a decent height sidewall - those old trucks need some rubber to look good v. the rubber band forklift wheel look so many people have with big wheels. Anything larger than 20" starts looking dumb again IMO.

Looks like the silver Cheb has a blown SBC, but I am thinking one with a blown LS3 would be awesome!

agree.gif Mine is a 3/4 ton and originally had 17" from the factory, I have played around with several combos and decided to keep stock 8 lug and use 16" steelies with a 65 series tire. Looks the best IMHO. Black steelies with chrome lugs and chrome beauty rings. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.