Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914-6 2.7 911 Motor w/Webers... $5K !
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
type2man
Price: $5,000.00 Vehicle is located in Miami, Florida.

Here is my 1974 914-6 fakie. I bought this car 3 years ago and drove it for a few months before parking it. This is one of the fastest cars I have ever driven. It definitely needs work but in parts alone it is worth the asking price. Great starter car for a ful on race car or 914-6 conversion. All the parts are already there for you. Front and rear flares are fiberglass. The front and rear lower valances are off the vehicle but included. Any other questions or specific pictures, just email me. I can drop the price if I can keep the wheels and 5 lug brakes. If you don't like the price, make me an offer. All i can say is no...

The good:
2.7 liter 911 motor
vented front rotors(911 i think)
911 oil tank in left firewall w/dry sump running up to the front to an oil cooler
a/c(missing compressor)
16x6 16x7 Porsche alloys
Triple weber 40 ida's
Permatune Electronic ignition

The bad:
Engine appears to have a loose head.
rust under both seats and in rear trunk area.
Older paint job.

Car runs but I am gueesing the engine will need to be gone through. Asking 5k...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
kfish914
i see that you have a "911 oil tank"?
What year and how did you hook it up?
I am starting a 2.7 conversionand got sticker shock with the 914 oil tank. thinking abut going with a midget car style tank in the place of the battery, but would like to keep the engine space cleaner.

Ken
type2man
QUOTE(kfish914 @ Apr 1 2009, 03:32 PM) *

i see that you have a "911 oil tank"?
What year and how did you hook it up?
I am starting a 2.7 conversionand got sticker shock with the 914 oil tank. thinking abut going with a midget car style tank in the place of the battery, but would like to keep the engine space cleaner.

Ken

I bought the car like that. I know parts to do conversions are crazy money including stuff such as the oil tank, the mounts, a good set of carbs, and the 5 lug conversion with wheels. The oil tank looks factory. I was originally looking for an unmoloested 914 without flares or a 6 but I couldnt pass this one up. Now that I have another 914 I am selling this one. No ones made an offer and I'd hate to part the car out but I could probably make more by doing so...
Radleys
I would need some more pictures of the engine bay, underneath and the bodywork front and back to give it further thought. Could you send through me on steveradley@mailbox.co.za. Many thanks
bmw02m20
Could you please send me more pictures of the rust problem areas and the engine bay to don.wiest@macys.com
type2man
Pictures sent...I will try to add some more pictures later on tonight. I would like to convert my other 914 to 5 lug and would like to find a buyer who does not want the brakes....
cgnj
Hi,

I Pm'ed my email address. If you could forward the typical rust pics. I would be interested. I could do no wheels no brakes if it could still roll onto a trailer.

Thanks,
Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.