Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 1970 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patrick3000
Went to Richmond this Saturday to look at car not expecting to find much and wound up agreeing to purchasing a 1970 914 1.7 with 52,000 documented original miles. The car is as rust free as a 914 can be, willow green with a repaint a few years ago. She has been in storage since 96.

The car needs to be sorted out before being put back on the road. She needs the fuel lines replaced, a new windshield, some suspension work and the interior needs some work but is overall in nice shape.

Here are a few pictures:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
914Sixer
Looks like a sweet ride. Nice to see cars that have not been molested. You do not see the full rear pan often. Congratulations, your 914 madness has begun.
DEC
Nice find, welcome to the madness
smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
plas76targa
Looks nice in the photo's. Congratulations on the purchase.
where in Maryland are you? Bring that car to Hershey! in late April!
type47
QUOTE(DEC @ Mar 23 2009, 06:35 AM) *

biggrin.gif actually, in his case it's "Welcome back to the madness!"

beautiful car!
dlee6204
Awesome looking car! aktion035.gif
patrick3000
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 23 2009, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(DEC @ Mar 23 2009, 06:35 AM) *

biggrin.gif actually, in his case it's "Welcome back to the madness!"

beautiful car!

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jim, You are correct this one makes number five not counting the 912E piratenanner.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(plas76targa @ Mar 23 2009, 09:40 AM) *

Looks nice in the photo's. Congratulations on the purchase.
where in Maryland are you? Bring that car to Hershey! in late April!

agree.gif
Looks nice....now we are all crunching to get em to hershey. I just need an engine swap, work in progress. Imin baltimore everyday if your nearby

beerchug.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
Looks really nice. It's not too often you see an early rear bumper, and in great condition to boot. Furthermore, that is a color that is not seen too often on an early car. Nice find, I'd keep that a long time.

BTW, add the VIN, color code, build date and chassis # to our data base. Thanks.

Paul
Pat Garvey
And...it has the proper rear shovel!

Great find!

Pat
jcambo7
QUOTE(patrick3000 @ Mar 23 2009, 04:59 AM) *

Went to Richmond this Saturday to look at car not expecting to find much and wound up agreeing to purchasing a 1970 914 1.7 with 52,000 documented original miles. The car is as rust free as a 914 can be, willow green with a repaint a few years ago. She has been in storage since 96.

The car needs to be sorted out before being put back on the road. She needs the fuel lines replaced, a new windshield, some suspension work and the interior needs some work but is overall in nice shape.

Here are a few pictures:

Wish I can see the pics. For some reason this computer isn't showing them. headbang.gif chair.gif
patrick3000
This project has been stalled for several years and with the 70 914GT is almost ready, the space was sorely needed. It was time to figure out what to do with the 71 2.4 -4. Our 14 year old son Patrick made it very clear that this car would be acceptable for his first ride so it is off to the shop to finish the engine install along with some suspension and brake upgrades. GT Performance in Edgewood agreed to take on the project provided that they finish a certain 914 track car in time for the DE season piratenanner.gif

Here is a linc to the motor swap thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=97073&hl=

Click to view attachment
patrick3000
Patrick came out to the July PCA Potomac DE and everyone asked him if he was driving, he turns 16 next June and told me that this was going to be his track car. It looks like SCCA will let him run at 16 so it was time to finish the project. I was delighted when the shop said that they would take it on and work on it in between jobs.

A quick update the car is a rust free 71 with 52,000 miles. The front end was replaced many years ago so the perfect candidate for modification. The tired 1.7 has been replaced with fresh 2.4 four that should put out about 150hp. The updated exhaust, SSI's with a Triad West muffler is in, 180 lb rear springs installed, deep sump has been installed, the carburetor conversion is finished and a front through the body sway bar has been installed.

The front struts still need modification for the shocks and the brakes sorted out but we are making progress. We still have a few additional items that will come later, second oil cooler, duel point distributor and a Mallory ignition.

Here are a few shots taken today:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

r3dplanet
Your car is foxy. I love seeing the early models, especially in the the less common colors. I'm partial to the early models. It's so nice to see examples that look unmolested and very clean.

You're a lucky individual.

mankowski
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 23 2009, 05:54 PM) *

And...it has the proper rear shovel!

Great find!

Pat

I also have a mostly original '70, so I am curious - what is the "rear shovel"? I've searched the forum and can't find reference to this.

Congrats to patrick3000 on your nice find.

SirAndy
QUOTE(mankowski @ Sep 22 2012, 01:12 PM) *
I also have a mostly original '70, so I am curious - what is the "rear shovel"? I've searched the forum and can't find reference to this.

Rear valence, mounted under the bumper. It tends to collect all sorts of things, like dirt and snow ...
chowtime.gif
rhodyguy
nice car!! 2.0 hes and you're way ahead of the game with nice cosmetics. no point in hacking up a nice valance for the triad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.