Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stereo antenna connections
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914zim
Dudes:
I've connected my stereo power and ground wires to the fuse block as suggested on an earlier thread and I have power to the stereo when the key is turned... cool! (thanks guys!!)
However, the power antenna (stock), will not rise. I can trace 2 blue wires with red and white (?) tracers from the antenna that are just hanging under the dash.
There is also a wire coming from the stereo labeled "automatic antenna" hanging there.
Can you guys tell me where these 3 wires are supposed to connect to in order for the antenna to rise when I turn on the stereo?
Also, I lose the time and station presets on the stereo when I turn the key off, but not if I turn the stereo off with the knob. What's up with that? Did I connect this right?
Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
Andy...
McMark
I don't know about the antenna (what brand?), but I suspect one wire would hook to the stereo, the other two would be a power source (12v and ground).

The stereo has two power connections: one that goes to constant, always on, never turns off, ever 12v (usually red wire?) and one goes to switched key-on-its-on/key-off-its-off 12v (usually yellow wire?). Check your connections.
garyh
QUOTE(914zim @ Feb 25 2004, 05:40 PM)
the power antenna (stock)

Eh? huh.gif You get that from AA?
morgan
the white wire is signel from the radio to power up or down when the radio is turn off and on. I'm not sure how the others work.
JM unsure.gif
914zim
Thanks guys. I guess I'll have to take another look this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.