Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAY OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madd_dogg_914
I want to get a super charger for my new truck, a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD. It has a 6.0L V8. There are a lot of choices out there for a super charger, I think I will go with the Whipple. What I want to know is: Where can I go to have this installed that is not going to rip me off. I would do it myself, but with the truck being lifted it is a pain in the ass to even add oil, much less install a supercharger, plus I am a little aprehensive about doing it on my own.

-Chris
Brad Roberts
Me.

You'll even get the club member discount. I know the Whipple setups. Should go fairly painless. The kits nowadays are well sorted for that engine.

B
madd_dogg_914
SWEET! I was gonna ask you on Saturday, but I wasn't sure if you wanted to do non-Porsche type stuff.

Thanks Brad
Brad Roberts
I have a 67 Mustang coming in soon. I'm a car guy.. I just so happen to be surrounded primarily by Porsches.

B
McMark
Allison decided she likes my Mustang, so I have to start thinking of that engine swap. Maybe I can get a third job and stop sleeping. Home Depot hires at night. Brandon might paint the Mustang between the sixes.
Brad Roberts
How about we focus on ONE job for you. One that pays and involves cars in general ??

I spoke to a guy today who ran a single free ad in a local paper to do full paints.. swamped for the next 6 months.

B
McMark
Sounds like a dream. One job that pays would be nice. wink.gif I could go from 8 hours off a weeks to like 9 hours a week. lol2.gif

I'm cautious about Brandon advertising. I'm not sure at what point he becomes a business and then gets in trouble for hazardous waste. And I don't know what just made me think of it, but we've got to get him down to Yeoman's sometime so he can wander around.
Andyrew
This mustang going to be yours?

Asside from a porsche guy, I love muscle cars (and all in general..)

Im planning on getting a mustang after my next car (944 turbo). I just love the sound of a v8..

First car was either a mustang (that would be preped for autox) or a 914.. Guess what I chose wink.gif .

Ahh gettin the pony hype again, shoot..

Andrew
McMark
My 68 Mustang was bought new from Ford by my great grandfather. My dad inherited it and I've driven it quite a bit as well. I personally don't like it much, but anything car related that my girlfriend likes I'm into. She already has a 912 and wants the Venison 914 for herself, plus the Mustang. We're going to need a 10 car garage.

Oh, and forget about the muscle cars... repeat after me: 914, porsche, 914, porsche, etc.

lol3.gif
Brad Roberts
Nope. Not mine. Customer with a trick 993 wanted me to install a Twin Turbo setup in his 993 and I said... 20k. He thought about it and asked me if I could build a Mustang for him instead... NO PROBLEM. Ford crate engine injected with Warranty. Tremec 5 speed and a narrowed 4 link Ford 9inch from Currie Ent..4 wheel Baer disc brakes...

B
LS6/914
If you are intent on installing a supercharger ask questions to the tech dept. of each manufacturer. Ask what the exhaust gas temp is under load. Be sure to install exhaust gas temp gauge to monitor. I have installed many different types to GM/Ford products (its what I do). Do the manufacturers offer a CARB EO# ? Very few can. Good luck, Lar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.