Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS - 911 2.4 engine long block
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GaroldShaffer
I have a Porsche 911 2.4 engine #6124234 for sale. It has Carrera oil fed chain tensioners and turbo vavle covers. DOES NOT come with carbs or flywheel. I bought this engine to use for a 914/6 race conversion, but while the engine runs great the scavage pump does not empty the case. Racing season is starting so I have purchased an different engine for my race car. I am asking $1500 or best offer. You can email me or call 219-762-3179 BEFORE 9pm CDT please.

Thank you.
jcd914
Garold,
This is probably just a pipe dream on my part since I don't know where I would come up with $1500 but at the very least this is a bump for your ad.

Do you know what cams and pistons this engine has?

Do you know anything about the mileage on the motor or internal condition other than the scavenge pump issue?

Thanks
Jim
GaroldShaffer
Jim,

I wish I could answer your questions, but honestly I do not know. I bought it from a fellow 914er that had it in his 911 and was upgrading to a 3.6 or so he said. I took a chance and lost. I'm not saying he shipped me a bad motor, it could have very well been just fine he he shipped it and the scavage pump went DOA during my testing of the engine, I will never know as I really don't have the time to break it all down and replace the pump.

thanks for the icon_bump.gif beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.