Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F4i
Thanks to Steve at ottovenice. He helped me out with a stupid little part I could not find around here. Some good advice as well. smilie_pokal.gif
Brad Roberts
Now if Steve will F-ING stop answering people with "I have that, call me" and start answering some TECH questions.. things would go a lot smoother.

B
markb
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Feb 25 2004, 06:21 PM)
Now if Steve will F-ING stop answering people with "I have that, call me" and start answering some TECH questions.. things would go a lot smoother.

B

agree.gif
Brad Roberts
I decided to post that after the 20th person at JP's event asked me about it last weekend. I was up to 40+ people at that point.

We know you sell parts Steve. Show us what you know.. not what you have.

B
ChrisReale
I said this like three weeks ago chatsmiley.gif
Brad Roberts
You where one of the 40 people asking me why we let it continue.

We can all benefit from the site.. but you had better put forth some effort "besides telling people you have the parts". I could do that all day long.. we are 4 times larger than "Otto's" but jamming that down peoples throats day in and day out gets OLD real quick. I let people figure it out on their own. Hell.. I cant even keep up with the current requests..LOL

B
Malmz
IMHO, you should at least slip a small banner ad in for the shop here and there to compensate yourself for your efforts here... Not a cram it down your throat banner, just a simple link.

Nothing wrong with selling some light advertising on the site too as long as it is clear that it doesn't influence the content of the site. I know the goal is to keep this site as vendor neutral, but it doesn't run itself for free either... (also IMO)

sm
Malmz
You could stick to small beer and condom ads if you are worried about 914 specific sponsors........ laugh.gif
Brad Roberts
This is what I would like to do in the near future (NO banner ads..)

I want to sell Restoration products through the site. Not steel.. but things like POR15/Carb cleaner/tools for restoration and hats/shirts..blah blah.

Just to support the site. It honestly runs for free. My server and Andy's bandwith (which is paid for by his other customers.

B
Brad Roberts
I do like the idea of beer and condom ads however.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

B
Andyrew
You could ad a link to your sig...

"I'd klick it!!" wink.gif

Andrew
Brad Roberts
Until I get a full time parts guy to move some of these "parts".. I dont need any more exposure.

Service work pays the bills. Parts sales is the gravy. When the service work slows down.. then we will focus on selling some of these used parts and new parts we have. Until then.. it will slowly trickle out.

B
Andyrew
You need worker,

I need work..

Ehh ehh??

(jk)
Malmz
How about a Yellow Pages section. Browse to it only. Heck, the $$ could be put towards other things like annual events, etc.

Just kicking around some ideas...

I like Andrew's idea about your putting a link in your sig...........

sm
Malmz
Have Lawrence tattoo 914world.com on his other arm!

sm <------ must be time to turn in...
Brad Roberts
The Yellow page section is a good idea. Sooner or later we will chat. I'll need a supplier for the club crap as time goes on.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.