Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 1972 oil bath air cleaner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
megfourfun
Im looking for a 1972 oil bath air cleaner. The earlier ones will work but the 72 matches the heat risers. Not sure the benefit of the heat risers though...any input is welcome.

Thanks,

James
type47
What makes it specific to a '72 model? I have one but I thought all 1.7's were the same. How about $25 + shipping from 22180?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
megfourfun
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 25 2009, 05:56 AM) *

What makes it specific to a '72 model? I have one but I thought all 1.7's were the same. How about $25 + shipping from 22180?

"'72 is a one year only application, with a heat riser for warm up. If you get rid of the heat riser in the firewall tin (by the starter), you can use a '70-'71 air cleaner and then all you need is the 'stand" and the bolt, as well as the intake air boot, of course. If you use the plastic air cleaner housing from a '73, you'll be unable to find the correct air filter, although there are smaller (and more restrictive) filter elements that will fit. The Cap'n"

do you also have the stand, bolt and boot as mentioned above?
markb
Is this what you need?

Click to view attachment
megfourfun
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 25 2009, 01:35 PM) *

Is this what you need?

Click to view attachment

hard to say, ive never seen (to my knowledge) what it is im lookging for :S
Is it originally off a 72? I think it doesnt matter the year really, any of them should fit.

for some reason i was thinking i would need the pic below too, but the one u posted has a elbow of a different shape attached?:
markb
The hose you show fits on the large horn, the smaller horn is what is specific to 72.
megfourfun
QUOTE(markb @ Mar 25 2009, 03:33 PM) *

The hose you show fits on the large horn, the smaller horn is what is specific to 72.

then yes, thank you for the pic upload smile.gif
what's the orange looking stuff on the inside?
markb
The small hose goes to it, so it's probably part of the heat riser stuff (I don't know the proper term biggrin.gif ).
dkos
I have a '72 with, what I assume is, the original air cleaner, but I'd want more that $25 for it. Want pictures?
VOX
i believe we have that from our 72 parts car, gotta check tho i'll try to get you some pictures, just make an offer.
stutghaus
QUOTE(megfourfun @ Mar 24 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Im looking for a 1972 oil bath air cleaner. The earlier ones will work but the 72 matches the heat risers. Not sure the benefit of the heat risers though...any input is welcome.

Thanks,

James

What is your engine no.? The engine number will determine which air cleaner is appropriate. I think I have the correct 72 air cleaner for you.

Bill
megfourfun
QUOTE(stutghaus @ Apr 22 2009, 02:40 PM) *

QUOTE(megfourfun @ Mar 24 2009, 10:25 PM) *

Thanks,

James

What is your engine no.? The engine number will determine which air cleaner is appropriate. I think I have the correct 72 air cleaner for you.

Bill

Thanks all that replied. I found one for $40.00 from a member.

I may still be in need of the bolt to hold it down, if anyone has a spare one of these let me know!

Thanks again,

James
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.