Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT. I'm coming to Denver April 8-13th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
I have to be in Denver for a fun.. err wedding April 8-13. I should have some time to talk teeners and grab some beers. Who is up for a CO teener get together?
RJMII
heh heh fun... errr uhh... wedding? too funny.

I wish I could make it down, but the jackstands are in the way. sad.gif
Brett W
Bump.
Gint
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 25 2009, 12:04 PM) *
heh heh fun... errr uhh... wedding? too funny.

I wish I could make it down, but the jackstands are in the way. sad.gif

You don't have a single car that isn't on jackstands? Bummer!

Town's pretty spread out. Where ya gonna be?

Brett W
Hyatt downtown.
majkos
I'm open for a get together!
BUT!
I think that's the same weekend High Plains Racetrack is open. confused24.gif

If we happens to have a blizzard that weekend,
It'll be gone in a couple hrs. rolleyes.gif
Gotta love Colorado
majkos
icon_bump.gif
High Plains had to cancel,
because of snow santa_smiley.gif
who would had thought?

That's ok,the farmers are happy!
It's all good. smoke.gif
byndbad914
It's 2 weeks before he is here smile.gif On that weekend they have motorcycle stuff going on (boring) or I would say we should roll out and check out the events.

I am down for meeting up if it works with all the projects I have going on (just starting a basement finishing project and of course work Th and Fr). Brett may swing by my house for a bit to check out the car and meet up (we talked years ago when he arbitrarily called the hot rod shop I worked for in SoCal talking about a V8 for a 914 laugh.gif needless to say I got put on the line) so it will be cool to put a face to a name.

That said, I could make it a point to host a get together for maybe 2 hrs at the house here confused24.gif and just have some chips and beers and BS a bit. I am in Broomfield, so sorta centrally located between the Denver guys and the Boulder/North guys.

What day is the wedding? I could make it a point to plan something for Sat afternoon or Sun afternoon....... if everyone is down for a quick get-together that is.
orcadigital
PCA Rally/Tour is on the 11th, starting down in Monument. Just for giggles smile.gif

Grant
shelby/914
I'd be up for a little get together. Maybe we should get this on the local group site to generate some more interest.
Brett W
The Wedding is on Saturday at 4pm, and the party will be after that. Don't know what is up with Sunday yet. I will be getting into town on Wed afternoon.
byndbad914
icon_bump.gif

I am going to be pretty wrapped up this weekend with basement work, but maybe one night the remainder of this week everyone get together? Is Sunday Easter? if so I have plans (that I clearly don't keep very good track of hahaha).
Gint
'Nuther icon_bump.gif Sunday is Easter. Where we at on this? I have zero time to coordinate anything.
majkos
I'm still open for bu$ine$$ biggrin.gif

It is Easter afterall, anybody?? confused24.gif
byndbad914
had some email traffic - he is in town as of today. It appears he has some free time potentially tomorrow evening (Th) and sounds like Sunday as well, and busy F and Sat (I am as well for that matter).

Sunday I have an afternoon get-together... what about an evening get-together somewhere around Denver or Broomfield even Sunday?? I know Woody's is a popular deal, maybe we meet at a Woody's for beers and pizza??? There is one here in Broomfield that is big enough to typically not be crazy busy.

I am rather open to whatever. I will work somewhat late tomorrow to make up for time I lost today and will lose Friday, so I would prefer something closer to Broomfield if we want to meet up tomorrow night, but I am going to bet that is just too little notice for everyone.

There is a Dave and Buster's too now that I think about it in Broomfield/Westminster right off Hwy 36.
Brett W
I am planning something for tonight. I'll steal my buddies truck and get a map, so I can figure out where I am going. I understand Broomfield is a little north of Denver, so I shouldn't have any problems finding it. I will call Tim shortly to work out a schedule.
byndbad914
talked to Brett - I will be out of work tonight at 7pm, he is going to call around then and I can give him directions to get to Broomfield.

Anybody up for something tonight?? It can be beers and pizza delivery at my house (I have a pool table in the kitchen/dining area biggrin.gif ) or we can meet out at Woody's on 287 and Miramonte, or D&B at 36th and 104th (IIRC Westminster Promenade is the name of the center)...

I have poker chips and cards too if we just want to do that and drink a couple beers... I can pick up beers on the way home from work.
Ferg
Crud, that is so close to me, but I have my Mom in town, and wife's Bday dinner tonight.

Sorry Guys, I'm out. sad.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif
byndbad914
icon_bump.gif back to the top smile.gif

edit - oh yeah, forgot to make a snide comment to send some love... but Ferg, your loss dude! hahahaha

MAYBE you guys want to do something Sunday evening still??? Might be able to make that happen. Brett is going to swing by tonight either way, probably talk shop with my car a bit, etc but Sunday could still be open as a good excuse to round up everyone and BS a bit.
Brett W
We may be able to work something out Sunday. I'll play it by ear.
Gint
QUOTE(byndbad914 @ Apr 9 2009, 10:41 AM) *
talked to Brett - I will be out of work tonight at 7pm, he is going to call around then and I can give him directions to get to Broomfield.

Anybody up for something tonight?? It can be beers and pizza delivery at my house (I have a pool table in the kitchen/dining area biggrin.gif ) or we can meet out at Woody's on 287 and Miramonte, or D&B at 36th and 104th (IIRC Westminster Promenade is the name of the center)...

I have poker chips and cards too if we just want to do that and drink a couple beers... I can pick up beers on the way home from work.

I'm just reading this now... I'm afraid tonight's out for me. Busy arguing with the other half about how we should proceed on half our normal income (new development as of yesterday). Let me know what gets worked out for Sunday. You have my cell number still Tim?
majkos
Hey Gint! bye1.gif How's Piper? (We need a dog smilie)
byndbad914
yeah Mike, still have your cell.

Brett swung by last night and I talked the guy's ear off 'til 2AM laugh.gif but he is still likely up for something Sunday evening I think - he is sorta playing by ear with all the wedding stuff right now.

Kevin - you definitely know more of the south guys better than I do, would they be up for something Sun evening?

Ferg, you still out (assuming with mom in town)?

Believe it or not there is actually "for real" kick a$$ BBQ in CO in Longmont, so even if it is just 4 of us (Brett, Mike, Kevin and me) we can meet at my place in Broomfield in the eve and I have room in the truck for 4 to roll up there. If you have ever had BBQ where you don't chew meat off the bone, you will know what I'm talkin' 'bout. Not the Famous Dave's crap; real BBQ. Been jonesing for some ribs so I would be down to drive up there.
Ferg
Sunday night is a "maybe" for me. I'll keep watch.

Ferg beerchug.gif
jhadler
If it's a meeting up North (Longmont etc.), then I hope to make it! I just stumbled across this thread, so I hope I haven't missed out. Can't venture too far from home base these days, I'm home taking care of the family, but a couple hours for beer and food with a bunch of fellow car-nuts is exactly what I need.

Please keep this thread updated with details. I'll check in when I can.

-Josh2
byndbad914
sorry guys, got late notice yesterday that my friends moved their shin dig to 4pm so I am going to unfortunately be out on this one. I was under the impression we were starting around noon but apparently my plans were changed laugh.gif

On a side note, if you guys want to go on then I highly recommend trying The Rib House in Prospect, south edge of Longmont, right off 287. It is unreal how spot on that place is for BBQ. Last time I had food that good was in the 80s in St Louis - I always try to promote his joint because of it!
Brett W
It was great to meet Tim. We talked to 2AM about cars and everything else. Wished I could have seen some more folks, but it was good trip and I am sure I will be back out later on in the year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.