Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HOLY CRAP!! I'M GOING TO L.A. !!!!!&#
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
I just managed to score myself an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles next month!!! The "official" word is in.

Gonna be staying in the Hollywood area... I've got 3 things in mind that I want to see:

1. The walk of fame
2. The Huge Hollywood sign
3. Rodeo Drive

I know.. I'm such a tourist. beerchug.gif

Any other suggestions for car guys? Car museums? Shows? etc?? Obviously I'm not driving, so I won't have the teener.. but I'd still like to know.

Anything? Anything?

914er
Aaron Cox
peterson car museum
ninefourteener
QUOTE(acox914 @ Feb 25 2004, 08:21 PM)
peterson car museum

Where is that? Far? You wouldn't happen to know what street maybe??
Aaron Cox
google it.... very cool place. been a while.
ninefourteener
Rock on beerchug.gif

Will definately do smile.gif

Thanks!!
Kargeek
Peterson Museum

Hot dog at Pinks

Santa Monica Pier

Go to Beautiful Downtown Burbank and on magnolia Blvd visit the Autobooks Bookstore- you might see Jay Leno.

Dave
VegasRacer
You can go to Venice Beach and check out the freaks.
Otto's is just a short ways up the street from there.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 25 2004, 09:11 PM)
You can go to Venice Beach and check out the freaks.
Otto's is just a short ways up the street from there.

Venice beach is on my partner's list of places to go... I'll fit right in smile.gif
swood
Disney Concert Hall (not that I worked on it or anything) wink.gif

Disney Concert Hall

Yeah, yeah, I know, you said car stuff.

Peterson for sure.

Where does one start, theres so much to see here!
VegasRacer
You didn't say the exact dates you will be in L.A.
The next two swap meets / car shows at Pomona are March 7 & April 25.
That is the place to be for car guys on those two Sundays.
campbellcj
Depending on the exact dates, there might be a good p-car club event going on (maybe a TT/DE track event). I'm guessing that in St. Louis you don't often see 50+ Porsches in one place...

Ever been here before? If not then it will help to mention your main "interests" besides 914's, i.e. food, concerts, sports, museums, shopping, beaches, or whatnot? If you are in the Hollywood / BH area you are relatively close to all of those.

Let us know when your schedule is pinned down.
tod914
Lots to do and see there. Favorite place has to be rock climbing on Zuma beach. Fantastic escarpment. Well worth hiking around. Planet of the Apes shot, where they blow up the cave at the end was filmed there. Short Drive north on the PCA. You will see a sign for Zuma. Any of the canyons are great to drive through.
Los Viginos, Topanga, Malibu Creek. Off of malibu creek is Malibu creek canyon where they filmed the planet of the apes and mash. cool place if you like hiking. Beautiful homes off coldwater canyon which takes you into Beverly Hills. Bel Air is just as impressive if not more the Beverly Hills. All residential but a nice drive non the less. You can also Take Sunset Blvd down to the ocean. UCLA is off of Sunset. Nice Campas. Will Rodger's place is near the ocean(famous Cowboy film actor). It's a park now and they have tours of his residence. It is fairly close to the Ocean soon as you get through Palas Verde. Pasadena hasalot of bars and resturants. One place off one of the side streets has a huge selection of imported beer and ales on tap. ALot of Belgium stuff. Forget the name sorry.
A nice relaxing Martini bar is, Bar marmot on the Sunset strip. Lots of history to that place. Seen Micky Dolands in there. Always good music being performed at various clubs along there. Viper Room, etc. Pick up a copy of the LA weekly. It's free. That will give you the lowdown on whats going on. A real nice beach area to check is Manhatten beach. Its just south of the LAX.
Peterson museaum is a must. The LA Moma is across the street. How long is your stay? Anyway have fun. If you need directions to any of the places, I'll see if I can help. Its 5am here and Im just getting to bed. Forgive my spelling and sentence structure wacko.gif
ninefourteener
Thanks for all the info guys!!! I'm definately going to try to squeeze as much in as possible!

Forgive me for not stating my specific dates, location, or length of stay..... I have my reasons, but I am going to definately visit that museum... and will probably partake in the Hollywood nightlife as much as time allows beerchug.gif

LA or bust smile.gif
seanery
just be prepared. Hollywood is a dump. I worked there for 4 years. It's not all the glam you think it is.
If you want to do the club thing then you need to go just a bit west of Hollywood. Not into West Hollywood, unless you like guys, ohmy.gif
ninefourteener
Who said I was into glam?? LOL

Naa.. I dig the "gritty" Places with a diverse group of characters...

As for the "guy" bars..... yea.. I'll do my best to avoid those--LOL

Thanks! beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
Yamashiro Restaurant - Hollywood

This is a great place for a fancy dinner! It also has a great bar area with a view of all of Hollywood.

Jeff
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 26 2004, 06:36 AM)
Yamashiro Restaurant - Hollywood

This is a great place for a fancy dinner! It also has a great bar area with a view of all of Hollywood.

Jeff

Although it looks quite cool.... I'm not terribly into Japanese.. nor am I into Sushi.

I'm more of a Hooters Hot wings, pitcher of Bud kinda guy.

beerchug.gif
beer.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 05:37 AM)
Forgive me for not stating my specific dates, location, or length of stay..... I have my reasons,...

It wouldn't be because of a certain psychotic female, would it wink.gif smile.gif
redtiny914
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Feb 26 2004, 08:03 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 05:37 AM)
Forgive me for not stating my specific dates, location, or length of stay..... I have my reasons,...

It wouldn't be because of a certain psychotic female, would it wink.gif smile.gif

Will this man give it a rest already....I could care less where he goes. what he does, or who he does it with.....

And if you listened to him for the last three months like I just did about how almost every girl he has dated has been psycho....you would have to ask yourself one question.

1 Are all the girls really psycho that he is meeting or is there just something wrong with the guy and he cant get along with anyone for over three months at a time? wacko.gif
ninefourteener
I have no idea who you are. What are you talking about?
Jenny
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 06:22 AM)

Dive bars! My favorite place on a thursday night! beer.gif

Jen
Joe Bob
Dude....prolly a good idea to change screen names and not list a city.... blink.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 26 2004, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 06:22 AM)

Dive bars! My favorite place on a thursday night! beer.gif

Jen

Oh yea Jen beerchug.gif

Nothing better that heading to the local dive bar..... you know the one:

Where the beers are $1.50, and they are served to you by a woman that looks like your grandmother.

And where everyone (male and female) is currently styling a mullett.... and proud of it

And most importantly....... where NO ONE in the whole building has a full set of teeth smile.gif

Gotta love it

beerchug.gif
seanery
well, except for the no teeth, the rest of that scenario won't happen in HW. laugh.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(seanery @ Feb 26 2004, 11:19 AM)
well, except for the no teeth, the rest of that scenario won't happen in HW. laugh.gif

LMFAO--

Yea... instead of toothless mullets....... they'll be toothless blue-haired mohawks aktion035.gif

rock on!!! beerchug.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 11:16 AM)
Where the beers are $1.50, and they are served to you by a woman that looks like your grandmother.

Waitress calls everyone "hon" and the juke box is chalked full of Neil Diamond songs. The one I go to breaks out tons of little flag.gif and passes them around everytime America plays. We all have to stop whatever the fuck it is we're doing and wave flag.gif

And the old men hang out all day and play darts.

Jen
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 26 2004, 11:28 AM)
And the old men hang out all day and play darts.

Jen

Darts?? You mean people actually do that??

I've seen a few dartboards around town... but I think even if someone wanted to play darts... they wouldn't because they'd be too afraid of being humiliated--LOL

Neil Diamond ROCKS--LOL

beerchug.gif
Jenny
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 11:31 AM)
Darts?? You mean people actually do that??

I play a mean game of cricket! cool_shades.gif

I haven't played for about 3 years though. My guys friends and I used to get together all the time, drink beer, play darts or poker. I still have my dart board at my parents' house, I think...

Jen
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 26 2004, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 11:31 AM)
Darts??  You mean people actually do that??

I play a mean game of cricket! cool_shades.gif

I haven't played for about 3 years though. My guys friends and I used to get together all the time, drink beer, play darts or poker. I still have my dart board at my parents' house, I think...

Jen

Jen..... ok... you definately get cool points for being the only chick on here that digs 914's.

But Cricket? Darts?? LOL laugh.gif

Ok./. spank yourself a few times...... and go home and think about what you've said here today... Shame on you

beerchug.gif
Jenny
You just feel threatened that a girl could possibly play darts better than a man! stfu.gif

And I'm also sorry for hijacking your thread. bootyshake.gif

Jen
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 26 2004, 11:47 AM)
You just feel threatened that a girl could possibly play darts better than a man! stfu.gif

And I'm also sorry for hijacking your thread. bootyshake.gif

Jen

Threatened? LOL

Hijacked??? LOL

Naa..... you're not big enough to threaten me--LOL

Besides.... I can drink you under the table... ande you'll be throwing darts at the toothless bartender laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
aufaber
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Feb 26 2004, 12:26 PM)

Besides.... I can drink you under the table... ande you'll be throwing darts at the toothless bartender laugh.gif

Nah, she has Drinkin genes in her.
Jenny
QUOTE(aufaber @ Feb 26 2004, 01:50 PM)

Ohmigod, you must be referring to my brother the lush. ohmy.gif
You do remember the time I was spilled into the Neon after a night at the Rhino Room, right? wacko.gif

Jen
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jenny @ Feb 26 2004, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE(aufaber @ Feb 26 2004, 01:50 PM)

Ohmigod, you must be referring to my brother the lush. ohmy.gif
You do remember the time I was spilled into the Neon after a night at the Rhino Room, right? wacko.gif

Jen

Wow..... a chick that digs teeners..... AND can put down some beer--LOL beerchug.gif

Ok.. you gained back your cool points for being a dart player--LOL laugh.gif
Jeffs9146
Although it looks quite cool.... I'm not terribly into Japanese.. nor am I into Sushi.

I'm more of a Hooters Hot wings, pitcher of Bud kinda guy.

No problem!

But it is "Cal Asian" so you can get a stake or sushi! The bar is great if you are looking for something a notch up from hooters! (You might see a pair of classy dressed up hooters I mean)! mueba.gif

The Cat & Fiddle Pub is a dive English Pub just off of Sunset. It has Darts and pitchers of beer! Yea-baby Black-n-Tan!! beer3.gif

Jeff
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 26 2004, 02:05 PM)
The bar is great if you are looking for something a notch up from hooters! (You might see a pair of classy dressed up hooters I mean)!

Um... as cool as that sounds.... I'm already going to be with a classy, dressed up set of hooters--LOL

This trip is actually a "gift" from a friend of mine, after some pretty significant stress I've been dealing with lately. She's some kind of big-wig here at a pretty significant corporation in St. Louis.... and managed to (legally, if you can believe it) get the company to pay for the plane ticket and the Hotel for me.

Needless to say.... I owe her at LEAST dinner and partying in Hollywood. pray.gif

So..... do I spend $100 on dinner at this place (although I do dig a good steak), or $40 at Hooters, then $60 more out partying?? LOL Hmmmm laugh.gif

I will check it out though.. you wouldn't have mentioned it twice if it wasn't an awesome place... if it doesn't kill my wallet.. I'll definately go.

I'll make sure and post a pic of my ugly mug standing next to Jimi Hendrix's Star aktion035.gif

Rock on beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
if it doesn't kill my wallet.. I'll definately go

It is a bit pricy and if you are into an interesting evening (also pricy) I can get you a pass to The Magic Castle It is a private club.

Anyway, have fun!!

Jeff
Joe Ricard
Look out world here he comes again

[/QUOTE]

Just don't ask us what to do next. I recommend you stay on the porch where it is safe from the big dogs. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.