Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finialy got some pics of my car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
weird_looking_cactus
Hey I got some pictures of my 1975 2.0 porsche I don't have that many cause I didn't have that much time I was in a rush.Im hosting these on my site so lets hope I don't run out of bandwidth But I will get more. I also need some help cause I have to put a new wire that runs from the starter to the ignition. I have no clue were to begin. They guy at the auto zone said that its just a wire that runs from the starter up to the steering wheel were I turn the key. Im also looking for 2 orange turn lenses and some door handles. And a would likes some pictures of how your trunk locks.

I took the air filter off so I could get the starter out.
IPB Image

Back view
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Brad Roberts
Go back and shrink your pics down to something like 850 x XXX.

It looks like you have a decent car.. now to get it running.

The interior is COOL.

B
weird_looking_cactus
Im not sure how to shrink them down. But I hope to get this thing started by tomarrow once I rewire the starter.
Brad Roberts
Umm dont rewire the starter. Figure out what is wrong with the stock system.

You can create one large pic with your photo editor, but you cant shrink them ??

www.irfanview.com free photo editing software.

B
jonwatts
It's winter in Utah. Stick your camera outside, I'm sure something will shrink.
McMark
It's not one large pic. It's a bunch that just line up like they're one big pic.
rick 918-S
That infran is great free ware and easy to figure out. I like the plaid! If it's not ripped just have the vinyl repaired on the side of the seats. Like Brad said, Don't reinvent the wheel. Get a wire diagram and figure out where the short for the starter is and reapir it.

Anyone know of an online site that has the wiring scematics for cactus?
weird_looking_cactus
Haha I was just thinking of getting rid of the seats cause I just want all black ones the plaid color is now a dirt plaid color. A wire diagram would be nice if someone can find one or make one.
campbellcj
I "think" the Bird Board site has wiring diagrams. Also they are in the Haynes manual.

I dig the plaid seats too...unfortunately I believe you that the fabric is toast after all that time sitting outside. A black vinyl recover should be pretty straightforward.

I also see you have a center console and speaker boxes are intact, etc. Looks like some good potential...keep us posted.

Cheers,
campbellcj
OK...I don't see a 75 but I highly doubt the starter circuit would be much different from the earlier years...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electr...al_diagrams.htm

If you're bold and energetic, you could always try to push start it burnout.gif
Bleyseng
The starter wire is a solid yellow thick wire that goes from the starter to the relay board then onto the ign switch. The other wire on the starter is the huge red wire to the positive side of the battery.
Pull the harness connectors off the relay board to see if they are all corroded or burnt. Clean them up, and use a ohm meter to test them for continuity(breaks/shorts).
Bet the problem is in the ign switch.

Geoff
davep
Okay, are we missing things here? This car should have the seat belt interlock and all that jazz. Are you following proper procedure? Seat belt done up and sitting in the seat. Is the interlock relay in place? Do you need to replace the ignition switch? All major causes and cheap fixes. You'll kick yourself for replacing a starter that was still good.

DaveP
Bleyseng
Some other stuff, you should be able to clean the seats up or take them to a detail shop for cleaning. They are way cool.
Clean out the rust in the Hellhole.

What is that thing in the middle? Part of the air pump stuff?

Love the old cellphone too.

Geoff
weird_looking_cactus
I know the starter was bad cause I brought it to auto zone and they tested I even watched the test. It started to spin but very slow like you could stop it with your figures and made some weird noises. Then he stuck the new started it and it was super fast and would be impossible to stop. The car phone still works to all I need is service but I have no clue were I get that at. What did you mean by the seatbelt interlock. Also were is the ingintion switch located.
type47
seat belt interlock is the stuff under the passenger seat. it prevented the starting of the car unless the seat belt was buckled (if there was an occupant of the seat) most people have deactivated the system. lots of discussion/explanation of the process here and on the bird (pelicanparts) board
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.