Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Snow in Denver..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
So with all the snow falling in Denver and surrounding areas right now has us worried about all the 914 owners there.

Everyone all right there? Home safe?

Gint
No snow all winter and then it dumps a foot in 6 hours. We're used to it. Supposed to be over by 09:00 tomorrow.
effutuo101
I saw on the news that I-25 and I-80 where closed for several hundred miles. Now that sucks!
Hiya Gint and Sharon!
Spoke
I'm in Denver tonight. I flew in from Allentown today to purchase an 86 911 Turbo. I bought the car but can't drive it with 18 inches of snow. Looks like the first time I drive it will be after it's shipped back to PA.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 26 2009, 08:04 PM) *

I'm in Denver tonight. I flew in from Allentown today to purchase an 86 911 Turbo. I bought the car but can't drive it with 18 inches of snow. Looks like the first time I drive it will be after it's shipped back to PA.

Just wait until Saturday morning. It should be melted or melting by then... Ahh Denver in the springtime...
plymouth37
I was in Laramie when the snow started yesterday morning, I really needed to get home to Boulder so I decided to go for it. The roads were sketchy as hell, they closed I80 and I25 right as I passed through, there were more wrecks than I could count. My usual 2 hour drive took over 4 but hey at least I survived it.
I am so glad I have a Subaru, every one who didn't have a subie or an awd audi was in a ditch. It is still snowing here, we have a couple feet.
Hope everyone is ok.
Spoke
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 27 2009, 01:56 AM) *

Just wait until Saturday morning. It should be melted or melting by then... Ahh Denver in the springtime...

I'm flying out at 7am on Saturday. Maybe it will warm up enough today to clear the roads but I'm not holding my breath. It is sunny now and some snow is melting.
Gint
Snow melts around here... FAST! 35 today, 50 tomorrow and almost 60 Sunday.

I just spent an hour and a half behind a snow shovel. I'm outa here!

Boss gave me tickets for a suite at the Avs game tonight too!

Edit: And it's only snow. Could be worse like the folks in N.D.
SharonG
bye1.gif I had a very obnoxious drive home yesterday, but no serious issues... and snow day today! cheer.gif
majkos
Snow?
I think of it as water.
The more the merrier santa_smiley.gif
majkos
QUOTE(majkos @ Mar 27 2009, 06:03 PM) *

Snow?
I think of it as water.
The more the merrier santa_smiley.gif

huh.gif
I forget,
more beer, beer3.gif the merrier! santa_smiley.gif
Dr Evil
Spoke, I am glad to see things going well for you (?) A 911, really? gayfight.gif tongue.gif
Mountain914
I am happy to see the snow - I was afraid I wasn't going to get to use the snowblower at all this year !
And to think - I took the 914 for a spin just last weekend.
This is typical Colorado (as stated) - but "I remember" March 2003 - I had 7 feet here - and it was gone in a week!
Lavanaut
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 26 2009, 07:23 PM) *

So with all the snow falling in Denver and surrounding areas right now has us worried about all the 914 owners there.

Everyone all right there? Home safe?

A genuinely heartfelt shout out, BUT! What's it, 16 inches or something? One of the best parts of living in Colorado is the schizophrenic weather...how it crashes in out of nowhere...and is gone as quickly as it came. I bet Mike was wondering if it might go to 40", but no. Suite at the Avs game. <sigh> I miss Colorado.

Poor Avs dammit. dry.gif

Spoke
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 27 2009, 10:39 PM) *

Spoke, I am glad to see things going well for you (?) A 911, really? gayfight.gif tongue.gif

So far so good. When I lost my job of 27 years they paid me for 60 more days and gave me 30 weeks salary to live on til I found another job. Well, on day 61, I started my new job.

So my retirement gift to myself was to sell the green 74 914 and buy a 911. My wife is getting granite counter tops too.

I told my wife that I wanted to use a some of the money to put a new engine in the green 914 and she suggested to get a 911 instead of putting money into the 914. I don't think she ever liked the 914. I've always wanted a 911 so this was the perfect time.

I still have my red 71 914 with the transmission you rebuilt. New engine with original FI is ready to go in. Doing some long repair and side shift linkage swap then the engine goes in.

The roads cleared up on Friday and I was able to pick up the car. Wow does that turbo take off. Above 3K RPM the engine really comes to life.
orcadigital
Spent half of thursday and most of friday clearing my driveway of 4 foot drifts. But i made a highway wide so i can drag the car and trailer out next weekend for an autocross.

cross your fingers that the snow wednesday misses us. smile.gif

Grant
effutuo101
QUOTE(Mountain914 @ Mar 27 2009, 10:14 PM) *

I am happy to see the snow - I was afraid I wasn't going to get to use the snowblower at all this year !
This is typical Colorado (as stated) - but "I remember" March 2003 - I had 7 feet here - and it was gone in a week!

Yep. Angela and I moved to Colorado in January of '03. She had never lived anywhere but California. On our drive across I-70, she loved the snow. Kept calling it "Christmas land". A scant three month later, she changed her tune. She called me at 2:30 with "What does severe weather warning mean?", then about a half hour later with "What does Tornado watch mean?". I was driving my teener that day and hauled but for home. Got the teener in the garage and got to the store for some extra food. What a weekend! Nothing like 6 feet of show on your car. Angela's car was burried for about 5 days before I could get it dug out.

Hiya all!
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 30 2009, 08:14 AM) *

Yep. Angela and I moved to Colorado in January of '03. She had never lived anywhere but California. On our drive across I-70, she loved the snow. Kept calling it "Christmas land". A scant three month later, she changed her tune. She called me at 2:30 with "What does severe weather warning mean?", then about a half hour later with "What does Tornado watch mean?". I was driving my teener that day and hauled but for home. Got the teener in the garage and got to the store for some extra food. What a weekend! Nothing like 6 feet of show on your car. Angela's car was burried for about 5 days before I could get it dug out.

Hiya all!

blink.gif
Gint
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Mar 30 2009, 09:14 AM) *

Hiya all!

And it was gone in three days. Wait, I thin that one might have taken a few more... Hiya Chris!
Scott S
This was Thursday morning at 10am.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Scott Schroeder @ Mar 30 2009, 06:33 PM) *

This was Thursday morning at 10am.....

BURRRRR!!!

I love Colorado... beautiful place. I will come visit there in SUMMER.

I hate snow.

Glad everyone is OK.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.