Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can I use 1.7 injector in 2.0 motor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
One of my 2.0 injectors is stuck closed and I've sent it back to the place that cleaned and tested it to get it unstuck. In the meantime, can I use a 1.7 injector in it's place just to sort the motor out (dwell, timing, shifter rod adjustment, etc)? It looks like the flow rates for the 1.7 and 2.0 are 265 and 380 cc/min. Both far exceed the L-jet injector flow rate of 190 (data from Jeff Bowlsby recent post). And I've read that L-Jet works pretty good on a 2.0 motor.
underthetire
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 27 2009, 10:42 AM) *

One of my 2.0 injectors is stuck closed and I've sent it back to the place that cleaned and tested it to get it unstuck. In the meantime, can I use a 1.7 injector in it's place just to sort the motor out (dwell, timing, shifter rod adjustment, etc)? It looks like the flow rates for the 1.7 and 2.0 are 265 and 380 cc/min. Both far exceed the L-jet injector flow rate of 190 (data from Jeff Bowlsby recent post). And I've read that L-Jet works pretty good on a 2.0 motor.

It would work, but I wouldn't do just one. Might lean out that cyl. You could do 4 and increase fuel pressure by a few psi.
davep
QUOTE(Cevan @ Mar 27 2009, 09:42 AM) *

It looks like the flow rates for the 1.7 and 2.0 are 265 and 380 cc/min. Both far exceed the L-jet injector flow rate of 190 (data from Jeff Bowlsby recent post). And I've read that L-Jet works pretty good on a 2.0 motor.

The 1.8 injector gives one squirt per rev instead of one every two revs thus 190x2=380 or equal flow to the 2.0 injector when used with the correct electronics.
r_towle
Let me see what I have in the morning.
I could get one out to you probably mon/tues if you can wait...
If not..go for it.

Rich
Cevan
Rich, thanks for the offer. I sent the offending injector back to Rich at Cruzin Performance. He's going to send it back out to me the same day he gets it so I hope to have it for next weekend. I have a few other projects to do in the meantime.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.