Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Come see the the LineX undercoat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I'll be working at my Auburn shop Saturday morning. It won't be on the 914, I'm still waiting for the paint shrink back. I'll be priming the Prelude instead, but if you want to see the coating in person, your welcome to stop by. I'll be there by 8AM. The address is 3534 C st nw. Just north of the Auburn airport.

Click to view attachment

That's Washington State for all you non PNW folks.
sixnotfour
There is an Airport in Auburn ?, I didnt know that.

Admission cost ?
PanelBilly
Yes, they have traffic lights now too. Its just north of the 15th St N exit off 167. On the east side of Emerald Downs.

I'm off line till later tonight if you have any questions about location. I'm headed down to clean up the paint booth for tomarrow
3d914
Billy,

Did you apply that yourself, or had someone else? What was cost?

Looks beautiful - for an undercoating anyway.
PanelBilly
I have a paint shop as part of my main business of building office panels and one of the business neighbors is a LineX shop. The guy that owns it has come over to see my car restoration project for several years now and has always said he would take care of the undercoating when the time came.

Well I've been waiting for the paint to sit for a few months now and his shop is SLOW, so I asked him to do the job. He taped it off and make sure nothing got on my body. He did an amazing job of even coverage even inside the engine compartment. It took him and a helper about three hours to tape everything off. I helped part of the time because I wanted to make sure they were covering the right places, but I soon figured out they knew better than me.

They charged me $600 and I think it was a steal. When you look in the wheelwell it looks so finished. I know the cars didn't come this way from the factory, but since my car isn't original, it doesn't matter to me.

They are trying to finish up this Dodge pickup that has the whole body done. This week they did the bumpers and grill. Next week they hope to finish the bed. Then the thing goes on display at different Dodge dealers to show folks what they can do with the finish. Sounds hokey, but it really looks tough. When they're done I post so photos in the Sandbox
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.