Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster transaxle and audi v6 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
I found a 2.8l v-6 from an Audi for a pretty good deal...

my questions:

is the Audi v6 drive by wire? Or is there a cable from my right foot to the throttle body in the Audi?

Which axles would I use? are the flanges anywhere close to the same as the 901?

What about starting the car? Will the Audi starter work?

Does the ECM from the AUDI control anything other than the engine? Does it take input from anything other than the engine?

RJMII
nevermind... I discovered the V6 only has 172hp.
Wes V
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 28 2009, 04:31 PM) *

nevermind... I discovered the V6 only has 172hp.

As you already know, the 2.8 V6 is no great thing and not worth the effort.

The twin turbo 2.7 V6 is the one you want. (at least I want one!!)

As for your questions however;

The 2.7t is a drive by wire. You can get a cable throttle body from 034.

I'm not sure about the Boxster transmission sub axles, but there is a solution if you want to run the Audi / VW 012 transmission, which is nearly identical to the Boxster 5 speed. If you need the information, let me know.

Just use the Audi starter.

The factory ECU controls and requires all sorts of things!!!!!!! One is the key within the steering column. It controls the dash functions. Etc. A solution (if you don't have to pass California's smog check system) is to get a programable ECU from 034. They have a system for the 2.7t.

Wes
Eddie914
The mid 1990s Audi 90S was available as a fwd five speed.

From what I can see, the engine/transaxle unit should be an easy fit. Of course there is the radiator issue. But there was the radiator issue for the 3.2 L Carerra engine swap for my 914 also (oil radiator that is ...)

The cars and engine are pretty inexpensive these days.

My son got a 1993 Audi 90S 5-speed for $450 as a high school car (it needed heater core and TLC).

Good Luck

Eddie
Wes V
Oh heck, just do a search on "neo914-6"!!

Although not complete, he's put an Audi 2.7t and Boxster transmission in his 914.

Wes
RJMII
Yeah, I've been talking to Felix. =o) He's a really nice guy.

We just came across the Quattro today in a yard full of Chebbies and old iron. We don't see many of them out this way. (in wrecked condition to where we can go for the 'parts car/engine donor).

I've got the radiator in the car now, it needs some ventilation and shrowding. We were hoping that we came across a good find that would compete with the 2.5Turbo Mitsubishi engine that is currently in the car... put it back to keeping it in the German family instead of WW2 Axis powers... I could get 172hp from the 2.5 w/free flow exhaust, K&N filter, and a tune. (and now it's got the turbo... lol)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.