Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures from Sacto Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Pretty good turn out. I bought from alignment shims and was almost tempted to buy the supercharger (but refrained).
bembry
Blue 914 is Purdy! Is it pre-73, or does it just have backdated bumpers?
McMark
72 original owner car.
DNHunt
WTF are those hairy things sticking out of your pants cuffs. I'm SO tired of the rain and cold. Sh*t my beer doesn't even get warm. I've got on a tee shirt, a sweatshirt, and a flannel lined shirt over the top of that and I had to come in cause my fingers are getting numb and they are turning white.

You should have bought the supercharger. I would have bought it from you to warm my hands. mad.gif

Dave
TC 914-8
agree.gif Snow in Sequim today WTF.gif

Good lookin' parts, Was the transaxle a side shift? how much ?

I could use the supercharger on my lawn tractor.

TCI
ConeDodger
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 28 2009, 06:47 PM) *

TCI

Transaxle was a tailshifter and the price was ummmm.... free. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
For the record, the silver 914 in this picture is mine and to the best of my knowledge there are no garbage cans in the shot... In fact a bit of a crowd around that engine compartment for some reason...
FourBlades

Wow, a lot of great stuff and cars...

It was 90 degrees here today (no kidding), starting to really feel like spring.

Good paint drying weather.

John

McMark
I got my first sunburn of the season. OH YEAH!!
jcambo7
Man their were some nice cars there. I wish spring would come and actually stay here in Oklahoma City. Weather keeps freaking changing. Had snow here last night and this morning WTF.gif headbang.gif . Im supposed to be getting my 914 this Tuesday so hopefully the weather turns around and gets nicer. I want to be able to drive it this weekend. driving.gif
dkjens
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 28 2009, 03:39 PM) *

Pretty good turn out. I bought from alignment shims and was almost tempted to buy the supercharger (but refrained).

How much for that seat (Corbeau) in the picture under the picture of the super charger?
I'm looking for either one good bucket (keep the stock pass. in case a fat friend needs a ride) or a set of nice adjustables.
If the seat didn't sell, price is reasonable and somebody can direct me to the owner/seller, I may just pick it up.

Thanks.
McMark
Jamie Rust (jrust) brought that down from Oregon.
dkjens
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 29 2009, 09:16 AM) *

Jamie Rust (jrust) brought that down from Oregon.

Thanks, I sent jrust a PM. Looks like a Corbeau Forza, there's another of these in Palos Verdes I've bid on.
1970 Neun vierzehn
Too bad there weren't any rain trays there, I saw a couple of 914s that needed them. biggrin.gif

Paul
Mikey914
I stopped by but my plane didn't get in until 1:30 and by the time I got over these everyone was gone. I was here for work anyhow, so not like it was a special trip, Oh well.
RJMII
How about those Fuchs? what's the story on them?
JRust
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 29 2009, 12:11 PM) *

Too bad there weren't any rain trays there, I saw a couple of 914s that needed them. biggrin.gif

Paul

Actually I had a perfect rain tray there for sale. The people there that don't have them don't need them. Their cars never see rain dry.gif . Not so in Oregon. I came from 78 degree beautiful blue sky to 44 degrees & a downpour mad.gif . I love Oregon but that pissed me off yesterday poke.gif . Swap meet was fun even though I didn't sell squat. Good company & I found a perfect toppad for the rear bumper of the LE biggrin.gif
jeeperjohn56
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 29 2009, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 29 2009, 12:11 PM) *

Paul

Actually I had a perfect rain tray there for sale. The people there that don't have them don't need them. Their cars never see rain dry.gif . Not so in Oregon. I came from 78 degree beautiful blue sky to 44 degrees & a downpour mad.gif . I love Oregon but that pissed me off yesterday poke.gif . Swap meet was fun even though I didn't sell squat. Good company & I found a perfect toppad for the rear bumper of the LE biggrin.gif

Hey Jamie, It was nice meeting you yesterday and I'm glad that I at least made you day with the rear bumper top. I'm glad to have met a few guy's and put a face with a screen name on the World site, Again nice to have met you John driving.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 29 2009, 11:11 AM) *

Paul

Paul,
Cultural relevance. If you don't have rain, you don't need a rain tray or the drip tubes.

I did see a couple rain trays for sale actually.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 29 2009, 11:25 AM) *

IIRC those were Jamie Rust's as well... But there were several sets of Fuchs there. Even one lonely 15X8 for $200 with just a tiny little bit of curb rash at the very edge. There was also a set of 15X6 Fuchs that were polished, had polished caps and new tires and were for sale for $800... That was a guy named Joe Shoemaker from SVR who is more of a 356 guy... I think you call them flat sixes or something like that...
Heeltoe914
Judy and & are home. What a nice time we both had meeting all of you and hanging out for a few hours. Yes there where parts, I for one got allot of needed and I like parts. Thanks to the guy selling the four fake Fuchs I am really happy to have gotten that deal even when I missed out on the fiberglass rear deck lid. Thanks for putting the event on and welcoming us or our dollars.
biosurfer1
I had a great time...its always nice to see everyone, especially the ones who came a long ways away.

Glad it wasnt today, still warm but bad wind today.
Jerry75914
a big thank you to the organizers! It was a great day, and awesome to meet up with a cool group of guys that really know these cars. For a newbie like me, it was a chance to get some real advice from guys that have been there and done that! Speaking of, I was shown the wisdom of converting stock 1.8 exhaust to 2.0...and just about everything I needed was right there, and a bargain! I can't wait to get them on the car!
McMark

The pictured four fuchs were for sale from JeeperJohn56.
strawman
If you're asking about the transaxle in the back of the Subaru wagon, it is a sideshifter. I am selling it out of a '73 Teener with 110k miles, and I am including all related parts (shifter, engine mount bar, shifter shafts, etc.). I originally wanted $150, but lowered it to $100 so I didn't have to move it back into my garage. I don't the condition of the internals, but the PO (who lives across the street!) says it shifted perfectly. I'm doing a Suby engine/trans swap, so I want that stuff out of my garage! Interested?

By the way, it was a great event! My brother-in-law seemed to enjoy it; he was amazed at the enthusiasm of the 914 crowd...

Geoff

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 28 2009, 07:47 PM) *

TCI

ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Mar 30 2009, 08:40 AM) *

If you're asking about the transaxle in the back of the Subaru wagon, it is a sideshifter. I am selling it out of a '73 Teener with 110k miles, and I am including all related parts (shifter, engine mount bar, shifter shafts, etc.). I originally wanted $150, but lowered it to $100 so I didn't have to move it back into my garage. I don't the condition of the internals, but the PO (who lives across the street!) says it shifted perfectly. I'm doing a Suby engine/trans swap, so I want that stuff out of my garage! Interested?

By the way, it was a great event! My brother-in-law seemed to enjoy it; he was amazed at the enthusiasm of the 914 crowd...

Geoff

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 28 2009, 07:47 PM) *

TCI

Really Geoff? I wasn't that enthusiastic... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.