Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does the back-up switch wire go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I did a search and found plenty of threads about where the switch plugs into the tranny, but where does it come from?

I just got finished putting in a new engine (switched to carbs) and now I can't seem to find the plug that goes into the tranny...any leads?
TC 914-8
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Mar 28 2009, 07:32 PM) *

I did a search and found plenty of threads about where the switch plugs into the tranny, but where does it come from?

I just got finished putting in a new engine (switched to carbs) and now I can't seem to find the plug that goes into the tranny...any leads?

It goes back to your relay board the 12 pin connector, terminals 2 and 4, should be GY/BN striped wires

Hope this helps

Tony
biosurfer1
Thanks Tony...never thought I'd lose wires switching from FI to carbs
ejm
The backup light wiring is part of the engine harness which includes the starter solenoid wire, the power and tach wires for the coil and the oil light wire. Swap the harness from the old engine. There will be one wire with a plastic connector on the end that goes unused with carbs.
biosurfer1
Thanks Ed....figured that out at about 10pm last night after scratching my head for a while...luckily the old harness is still in good shape and I didn't get rid of it:)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.