Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repeal of smog rollback, even though 914s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....threadid=150495

Here's the thread from the sky rat board....but in short....some Birkenstock wearing assembly woman from Mountain View has introduced more legislation to pull the exemptions....

Just becuase it doesn't effect ALL 914s, it still suckz....
boxstr
Hey 914 owners read this post, it affects us all. Take the time to write in. Like it is stated it can help.
CCLINOR&CA
nebreitling
seems like a version of this bill is (re-)introduced to our great republic every year or so. it hasn't passed yet.

that's not to say that letter writing and such isn't important -- on the contrary! -- only that there is a continued effort to repeal the smog exemption of our vintage cars, and that there is a continued effort against it. so, no need to panic..... yet.
need4speed
We need a proposition to amend the state constitution to protect vintage cars!

Article 35:
Section 1. Any legislator or other representative of the government proposing laws (even in jest) which would eliminate vintage cars, particularly vintage german cars, from exemption to EPA restrictions, shall be immediately beheaded by the state bailiff in Sacramento.

Section 2. The provisions of this Article shall supersede all
provisions of this Constitution and laws enacted thereunder in
conflict therewith.
phantom914
QUOTE(need4speed @ Feb 26 2004, 01:55 PM)

Article 35:
Section 1. Any legislator or other representative of the government proposing laws (even in jest) which would eliminate vintage cars, particularly vintage german cars, from exemption to EPA restrictions, shall be immediately beheaded by the state bailiff in Sacramento.

conflict therewith.

I would like section 1 to allow the beheading to be performed by the lucky winner of a special lottery. I was going to say by a volunteer, but I am sure there would be far too many.

Andrew
MattR
Thats so rediculous. Do these beancounters not understand cars? As time goes on, the internals get older... duh? Enevitably there is carbon build up, things get leaky, carbs get out of tune, etc. In 20 years, do you expect a car from 1980 that barley passed smog in the first place to continue passing smog? NO! Especially with FI, which eliminates the rejetting process that keeps many of the old cars I know of on the road.

You know, companies like Fiat didnt change their tooling for years! The 1978 124 was the EXACT same car as the 1971 (with the exception of bumpers and a hood). It just screws up the value of vintage cars, and increases the chance of some real beauties to turn into parts cars or cubes of steel. And, this opens doors for VIN tampering...
phantom914
It doesn't matter the reasons why. They don't care. If the car pollutes, they want it gone.

Andrew
garyh
QUOTE(need4speed @ Feb 26 2004, 01:55 PM)

Article 35:

conflict therewith.

How about:

Any legislator who proposes a law that has already been voted down three times before will be forced to listen to Britany Spears songs 24/7

Or have the words "clueless moron" tatoo'd on their forhead.
Brad Roberts
HUmm. I may have to do smokey burnouts in a 914 right near her office window.

Guys... it never passes. We talk about this EVERY F_ING year.. same shit different year.

B
McMark
The reason they keep putting it up each year after year is that eventually people say, "It never passes!" and they don't do anything and then it passes and everyone goes, "Huh?"
Brad Roberts
Actually.. SEMA is the group who makes sure it doesnt pass. They have big money and lots of lobbying power (more so than any tree hugger group)

Each year one person from SEMA points out the number of pre 197X cars registered and they realize that there isnt enough of them registered to make a difference in air quality.

Remember.. you have a car guy as governator now also...

B
sj914
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Feb 26 2004, 05:36 PM)
Actually.. SEMA is the group who makes sure it doesnt pass. They have big money and lots of lobbying power (more so than any tree hugger group)

Each year one person from SEMA points out the number of pre 197X cars registered and they realize that there isnt enough of them registered to make a difference in air quality.

Remember.. you have a car guy as governator now also...

B

Huh, did they replace Arnold with Leno? blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Arnold is a car guy..lots of Hummers/Bikes..

B
sj914
I thought so, I knew he was one of the first to get the hummers in civillian hands.

Has anyone ever put up a website that someone can just get into and voice their opinions on this bill and then it's forwarded to the government?
mikester
your local rep has a webpage - all of them do.

you can email them that way - that is what I do.

Often.

headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.